Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.2 - Ionic Firmware Release (32.12.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, everyone! I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.2! (Firmware Version: 32.12.19) At this time, we've released Fitbit OS 2.2 to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. 

WHAT'S CHANGED?

Please check out this help article to see what's new in this update.

IS THIS UPDATE AVAILABLE TO ME?

This update has only been released to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. If you have not yet received an update notification and wish to force the update, you can give the watch a FACTORY RESET and then follow steps 1 - 4 below. Please make sure you sync the watch before performing the reset so that all your current data transfer over. Factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. Historical Fitbit data will still be available in the Fitbit App.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here. We recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article.

If you run into trouble updating your Ionic, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the watch. 
  2. "Remove" the watch from your account inside of the Fitbit app.  
  3. "Forget" the watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings (along with any other Fitbit devices paired to your phone)
  4. Try the update again. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have questions, please let me know in this thread!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
422 REPLIES 422

Let's get an app or IM to be able to respond to replies.  This is something that will need to be addressed and solved if Fitbit is trying to get in the field of smart watches, and be competitive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think anyone else is going to get this firmware update . I'm guessing that Fitbit in the next couple of weeks will bring out another new firmware because this one is so screwed up.

Best Answer

Hi Matt.

I got it through a factory reset. My issue is the watch does not  record sleep correctly. Can this update resolve that issue?

I can't open your links. They lead to empty pages with some kind of logo on top.

Thanks for an answer.

Best regards,

Comalito.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this update available for adidas edition Ionic? Have yet to see this update on my watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I did that update yesterday....

Good day to you,

Comalito.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thé update is Distributed progressively. If you want to force the updating, do a complete factory reset.

I had to reinstall my watch on another smartphone....I really don't see any worthwhile, significant progress. Same problems unresolved!

Comalito.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 11/6/18

Hey everyone! 

We released Fitbit OS 2.2 to a small subset of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa customers. If you already have Fitbit OS 2.1 on your watch and want to upgrade to Fitbit OS 2.2, you can factory reset your device to receive the update. See How do I erase my Fitbit device? 

*Please note that factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. All your Fitbit data is still available in the Fitbit app. 

If you’re having issues updating from a previous version, we’re working on making the update more widely available.

We hope this helps you get back on track.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Hi,

Don't see any of the badly needed renewal or fixing of serious issues on
this update. As a matter of fact it's all just as bad or worse.
What was the sense of that update?
Good evening.

Comalito
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update: 11/6/18

Hey everyone! 

We released Fitbit OS 2.2 to a small subset of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa customers. If you already have Fitbit OS 2.1 on your watch and want to upgrade to Fitbit OS 2.2, you can factory reset your device to receive the update.

*Please note that factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. All your Fitbit data is still available in the Fitbit app. 

If you’re having issues updating from a previous version, we’re working on making the update more widely available.

We hope this helps you get back on track.

Wait...what? So, after a month, and .... 3 days you're saying the new firmware isn't going out to everyone but a "small subset" of users? Shouldn't you have told us that a month and 2 days ago?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still cannot even get the update from my laptop, much less on my phone,
and my Fitbit cannot sync without said update so it is STILL useless, and
has a red x saying failed system restore, please sync...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Be patient. Leave the devices turned on, if possible. It happens frequently
that these things are resolved during the night.

Good luck,
Comalito.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I take it for granted that the update may be released to the rest of us some time or other and that we won't have to do a reset to get it? After my bad experience with the previous update bricking my Ionic, I think I'll just wait and see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe what she is saying is anyone can get the update but they have to do a factory reset first to get it. I would remove the Ionic from your account than remove the blue tooth pairing in the phone or computer. After that go to system in the watch and do a factory reset. After that add your Ionic again in the app and set it up again. That gave me the updated firmware and so far it seems to work well. Remember do this at your own risk.

Best Answer
I wish I could believe that, but I've been waiting and trying for over a
week now, and that magical night that resolves everything has yet to
appear. I'm growing very frustrated and ready to throw my Ionic in the
trash.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did exactly what @0hwell said and what the moderator mentioned above and was able to update my Ionic to the latest OS, 2.2

Best Answer
0 Votes

So a "factory reset" is the only way to get this OS update? I have apps installed, music, Fitpay, and a watch face configured to my liking. Is this update worth the time and frustration to put everything back on after the factory reset ruins them? Will the update be available to the rest of us without a factory reset one day?

Best Answer

What I have noticed is the Watch seems a little smoother and notifications such as when I have a phone call or get a message are quicker. Only a mod can tell you if it will be offered without a full reset, I find firmware upgrades are smoother when I do a full reset anyway.

Best Answer

Hi Matt 

When is it rolled out the rest of the users? What bugs were fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wouldn't and not going to update until Fitbit can do it right. Factory reset is crazy. I don't think they added much and need to add replies to IM and Sp02 like originally advertised

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to do a factory reset.
They really didn't add much.

Best

Comalito.
Best Answer
0 Votes