Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 3.0 - Ionic Firmware Release (27.33.1.30)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 1/10/19: 

Hi all! Big thanks to everyone for your feedback on the release of Fitbit OS 3.0!

Since the majority of users have now updated to 3.0, I will be closing this thread from further comments to help keep our community discussions on-topic. 

If you are experiencing an issue outside of the firmware update process, I invite you to start a new thread on this forum and we will be happy to assist you there. Thanks again and happy stepping!

Fitbit Update 12/26:

Hey, everyone! We're aware that some of you may have noticed a fast battery drain on your Ionic watches after completing this firmware update. Our team is investigating the root cause of this issue and whether it was caused by this update or other factors are involved. 

In the meantime, if you're experiencing this problem please try a restart on the device then consider switching to a Fitbit made clock face! Many 3rd party clockfaces (especially those with animations) are known to use up more battery. If you try this out and are still seeing a fast battery drain, we can connect you with Customer Support for next steps or you can reach out to them and create a case. 

We look forward to getting you all back on track! 

Fitbit Update 12/22: 

We've released Fitbit OS 3.0 out to 100% of users. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Fitbit app (2.84) before downloading the newest firmware. 

We're excited for you all to have the newest Fitbit OS, but please let us know if you have any questions about this update. Happy Holidays, everyone! 

Hi, everyone!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 3.0! (Firmware Version: 27.33.1.30)

We've started to roll out this update to 20% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it soon. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed.

WHAT'S CHANGED?

Please check out this help article to see what's new in this update.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here. We recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article.

If you run into trouble updating your Ionic, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the watch. 
  2. "Remove" the watch from your account inside of the Fitbit app.  
  3. "Forget" the watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings (along with any other Fitbit devices paired to your phone)
  4. Try the update again. 

If anyone isn't seeing the Today app after updating, please try the following:

1. Make sure you're running the newest version of the Fitbit app. 

2. Connect to Wi-Fi in the Fitbit app, plug your Ionic into the charger and let it sit. This will automatically update the Today app. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have questions, please let me know in this thread!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
507 REPLIES 507

Looks like a good update, although nothing showing for me yet on my Ionic. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Still no activation of the Spo2 sensor. 

Was hoping it would happen soon.

Best Answer

Any word on what has been fixed? Does Exercise app still crash randomly?

Best Answer

Can we get information on which bugs are supposed to be fixed?

Best Answer

Since the update, my Fitbit Ionic is showing meals multiple times (with different calories). For example, today it says I had three breakfasts, at 322 cal, 292 cal, and 20 cal. (The first one is the correct one.) It also summed up all three breakfasts to say my breakfast calorie count is 634 calories.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the update, took about 40 minutes.

After going to the Today screen on my Iconic, it says I can select up to 7 stats to track with Fitbit Today.  However I can only select 6.  Once I select the sixth one, all the rest are greyed out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roger-R do you use any external food logging app? I don't log food in the Fitbit app. I had this issue for ages when syncing with MFP. I have to delete additional entries manually. Sometimes I see entries multiplied with different caloric values ( if I'm syncing multiple times ). I don't think it has anything to do with the firmware. It's the mobile app bug. Very old bug ( never bothered to see if ever reported ).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not very likely @Nicky89. Transparent/informative release notes have been something users have been requesting for many of the last releases.

Best Answer

Sync your fitbit, it will give more options after a sync.

Best Answer

Noticing that adding water within the today app on the ionic doesn't seem to sync with the app or dashboard. Anyone else seeing this?

Best Answer

@Gregerator wrote:

Noticing that adding water within the today app on the ionic doesn't seem to sync with the app or dashboard. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm not even sure how to add water from the watch?  Is there supposed to be an app for that?

Best Answer

I was able to update my over Bluetooth took just shy of 2 hours.  No issues updating, but I don't really notice any difference from my previous version.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Spookly wrote:

I'm not even sure how to add water from the watch?  Is there supposed to be an app for that?

You can add it to the today app via the settings button at the bottom of the today app. It took me a sync or two after the update before the options for the additional panels (weight, food, water, etc.) appeared for me to add the panels.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully getting the update will be a better experience than the last update 

Best Answer

Update went fine on mine took around 30 mins ionic seems fine and first time its asked me to calibrate the watch and ive had it over a year

Best Answer
0 Votes

Or restart it after a sync. I did a few of them after I had to reset the app due to the app not realizing the watch was finished updating. The watch was done with its update in 10 minutes but after 30 I just reset the app to sync. No new features so I had to shut down the watch and restart it and I got the features to show. 

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will those of us still stuck on 27.32.12.19 skip straight to this Update or will we have to jump hoops through the intermediate releases? 

Best Answer

It did skip ahead directly to this firmware version for me (despite the fact that it had intermittend issues and took me a few times to finally do the upgrade).

Best Answer