Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 3.0 - Ionic Firmware Release (27.33.1.30)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 1/10/19: 

Hi all! Big thanks to everyone for your feedback on the release of Fitbit OS 3.0!

Since the majority of users have now updated to 3.0, I will be closing this thread from further comments to help keep our community discussions on-topic. 

If you are experiencing an issue outside of the firmware update process, I invite you to start a new thread on this forum and we will be happy to assist you there. Thanks again and happy stepping!

Fitbit Update 12/26:

Hey, everyone! We're aware that some of you may have noticed a fast battery drain on your Ionic watches after completing this firmware update. Our team is investigating the root cause of this issue and whether it was caused by this update or other factors are involved. 

In the meantime, if you're experiencing this problem please try a restart on the device then consider switching to a Fitbit made clock face! Many 3rd party clockfaces (especially those with animations) are known to use up more battery. If you try this out and are still seeing a fast battery drain, we can connect you with Customer Support for next steps or you can reach out to them and create a case. 

We look forward to getting you all back on track! 

Fitbit Update 12/22: 

We've released Fitbit OS 3.0 out to 100% of users. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Fitbit app (2.84) before downloading the newest firmware. 

We're excited for you all to have the newest Fitbit OS, but please let us know if you have any questions about this update. Happy Holidays, everyone! 

Hi, everyone!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 3.0! (Firmware Version: 27.33.1.30)

We've started to roll out this update to 20% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it soon. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed.

WHAT'S CHANGED?

Please check out this help article to see what's new in this update.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here. We recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article.

If you run into trouble updating your Ionic, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the watch. 
  2. "Remove" the watch from your account inside of the Fitbit app.  
  3. "Forget" the watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings (along with any other Fitbit devices paired to your phone)
  4. Try the update again. 

If anyone isn't seeing the Today app after updating, please try the following:

1. Make sure you're running the newest version of the Fitbit app. 

2. Connect to Wi-Fi in the Fitbit app, plug your Ionic into the charger and let it sit. This will automatically update the Today app. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have questions, please let me know in this thread!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
507 REPLIES 507

We have 4 OP6Ts with Ionics in my family. They are working adequately. We lost weather on clock faces a few days ago, but other than having to use non-weather clock faces, the OP6Ts are working, AFTER factory resets of the Ionics.

Ionic 27.33.1.30; OnePlus 6T McLaren Oxygen OS 9.0.12; Android 9; Fitbit 2.91; Progression Clock Face (Weather
Best Answer

I just had another syncing issue with my Ionic on my OnePlus 6T. Re-added with both bluetooth and wifi working. Crossing my fingers.

I envy your McLaren OP6T. I ordered my 6T about a week before they released the McLaren. I could not return it since a friend brought it to Vietnam for me.

OnePlus 6T | FitBit Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also lost weather

United States. Fitbit Ionic. Fitbit Aria 2. Google Pixel 3 XL. Android P Beta.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BobWang you got the McLaren.....good choice 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Well, since I have tried to this new update my Iconic has been totally screwed.  I have installed and uninstall so many time I cannot remember..it has worked perfectly since I bought it unitl now.  I have spent hours waiting on this thing to finish the update and after 3-4 hrs it fails...  I have thru the many tries  got the thing to update with the old firmware...totally don't understand how that happened...now some of the stuff works and some doesn't..like getting the watch to vibrate when I get an email or text or phone call...none of that is working..  This has been horrible...I have spent a lot of money on this **ahem**...for it not to work properly..so upset with fitbit...so done with them..  Looking at Garmin for a replacement..

Best Answer

Hey @kevmille and @BobWang. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've performed and for the details mentioned. I was checking the list of supported devices and I've noticed that your OnePlus 6T isn't listed. Since, your phone isn't supported, this is the reason why it stopped syncing after the update. However, Fitbit is always testing new devices to add and for more users to try this, keep an eye on the article. 

Hey @LarrySernyk. Sorry to hear that you lost the weather app. I would like you to confirm that you've performed these steps to add it again How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

Great to see you around @d-vine. Feature Suggestions status will change based on Fitbit plan's. You can learn more about it by checking this post Feature Suggestion FAQs

Thanks for the details that you've mentioned @winston2010. Sorry to hear about the issues that you've been experiencing. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, I would like you to continue the communication via email. They are able to provide you with a final solution. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 1/10/19: 

Hi all!

Big thanks to everyone for your feedback on the release of Fitbit OS 3.0!

Since the majority of users have now updated to 3.0, I will be closing this thread from further comments to help keep our community discussions on-topic. 

If you have not yet updated to OS 3.0 and have questions, I recommend checking out my lead post here for step by step instructions. 

If you are experiencing an issue outside of the firmware update process, I invite you to start a new thread on this forum and we will be happy to assist you there. 

Thanks again and happy stepping! Smiley Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer