Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.1 - Firmware Release (27.68.9.12)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/16

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.1, available for Ionic (Firmware Version: 27.68.9.12). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone.  

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

I updated to this yesterday. I went to bed with an almost fully charged battery. As of 23:24 last night was the last time my Fitbit updated saying the battery is full. Sometime last night it stopped working, screen will not turn on, fitbit will not acknowledge it is charging in any port I've tried or wall outlet and various wall adaptors. I've tried resetting the Fitbit, I've reset my phone, I've tried to "turn it on and off". I have gone through so many troubleshooting forums at this point. It is still not turning on. Help me please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Nice too see you all around! Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding the firmware update of the Ionic. 

For those who have had some difficulties, during or after the firmware update, and have contacted support, please keep working with them. I'm sure they are going to take good care of you! If the advises sent by support didn't help please reply to the last mail sent by them, so that they can help you further. 

@teebird , thank you  for sharing your experience with Support. 

@matt.burke , thanks for your feedback regarding Support. Support informed me that they are verifying and checking your case. They will review it and let you know the resolution of your case via Email. I cannot warranty that they will change their mind, but I can asure you that the case is being reviewed. 

@malar , after checking your case with support they informed me that they've sent you an Email . I've sent you a PM to verify some data that is still needed. 

@Miersix@Ebojager  @kyla_s , I've contacted Support in your behalf. You'll be receiving an email very soon!

@AlanaDiana , Support informed me that they have worked your case and you already have received a reply. How was it with Support ?

If I missed someone, please let me know so I can help you further. 

It's always recommendable to update your devices, not doing so, it can lead to situations, e.g. difficulties to sync, not receive notifications, or the device not working  properly. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.  

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Hi, 

Yes, I have used the chat and they will send me a replacement 

Thank you,

Diana

Best Answer

After the update yesterday i cannot control my music with my Ionic any longer and my phone will not synch or even connect to the device anymore. I have to keep pairing it over and over because it never stays paired. This company really needs to get its act together, these prices they charge for faulty products is more than annoying.

Best Answer

Right on!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had this same problem but all set now

I called support and they had me do another update and that fixed it
thankfully

Teresa
Best Answer

Just received instructions and free FedEx table to ship back for a replacement.
Thanks to everyone

Mario 
Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the TELUS Network

Moderator edit:  removed personal information

Best Answer

Hi, 

The release notes of this update are very limited to say the least. What has been improved? What are new features? Fixes? It can't be just the number that has gone 1 up?

Kind Regards,

Luc

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update went smoothly.. I updated to App 3.6 for a few days and ensured that worked first.

I have now just updated my 12 months old Ionic with 4.0.1 via WiFi and it took 17 minutes.

All appears to be working OK.. Notifications are coming through, Fitbit Pay Ok.

I will check the rest tomorrow

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I am very interested in any new improvements you notice. Fitbit management apparently does not see the need to disclose. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Luc.
I have no idea.

Thank you.

Mario 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This update brick my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FoldingBikeman wrote:

I am very interested in any new improvements you notice. Fitbit management apparently does not see the need to disclose. Thanks. 

That's the part that helps massage my aging brain...Checking, double checking

Your post came through on the Ionic when I was at the back of the house.. The phone was 21 metres away.  So the Bluetooth is working at distance.....and that wasn't line of sight...

I have always had good Bluetooth provided I'm not amongst every other  WiFi Bluetooth device we have in the house..  See this post..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

We'll see when I receive it.

Thank you.

Mario 

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I've experienced similar behavior. Battery was at about 80% then some time after I noticed that the screen went black and I can't turn on my Ionic again. Connecting power didn't help. Then I've tried holding all three buttons for some time (first step of factory reset procedure) and I released them when Fitbit logo appeared. After that Ionic booted normally. So far it's working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long did you have to hold all 3 buttons before the logo appeared?

Best Answer
0 Votes

About 10-15 seconds (I didn't count).

Best Answer
0 Votes

About 10 seconds

Mario , CAIB, CPIB.

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the TELUS Network

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me as well. Dead fitbit, contacted customer service, my ionic is out of warranty, so my only option is to buy a new one.  It worked perfectly on my run this morning right before I applied the update.  Seems to me like the update was the cause of the issue.  Now I'm out an expensive device because I updated the software.  I fail to see how this is my fault.

Best Answer
sarasoda7 - Dont' give up. Keep reaching out to Fitbit in any way you
can. I have been direct messaging @JuanFitbit via the forum messenger. I
don't have a resolution to report yet, but he has been responsive.
Best Answer
0 Votes