Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.1 - Firmware Release (27.68.9.12)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/16

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.1, available for Ionic (Firmware Version: 27.68.9.12). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone.  

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

if i do this do i lose the clock face? will it reset it to the default? i have purchased a package of different faces and i dont want to lose them because there is no way to filter or search on faces you have used or purchased

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bricked my watch as well...customer service offered me a discount to get a new watch. They have escalated it and I am awaiting a response. I demanded a repair or replacement watch as I did not do anything wrong. Fingers crossed customer service will do the right thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As pushing/releasing all buttons at once isn't a factory reset (it's a little more complicated procedure) I didn't lost anything. But I can't guarantee anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the OS 4.0.1 update yesterday on my Ionic worked fine.  The only glitch is that the Windows 10 client no longer syncs.  The message says that the app does not work with this version of the Ionic. Microsoft Store does not have a newer version, though.  My Ionic works fine with the Android app, syncs fine. What do I do about W10?

Best Answer

When will I receive the update? I have been waiting for a while.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ionic_User_12  The rollout is always progressive..

Click this link and go to the very first post at the bottom of your web browser.

@Ionic_User_12 wrote:

When will I receive the update? I have been waiting for a while.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Nice to see you all active in the conversation. Thank you for keep sharing your comments and feedback.

@AlanaDiana ! Nice to hear that Support will send you a new device!

@teebird , thank you for sharing your experience with Support. Glad to hear that everything is running smoothly again. 

@malar , thank you for your updates! Please keep us posted how it goes!

@Colinm39 , thanks for letting us know how the update process went! Nice to hear that everything ist working fine. And taking the time to address @Ionic_User_12 's concern! You are right the roll-out is progressive, but all Ionic users will receive it.

@hason_tin , Support informed me, that you already contacted them. They are awaiting for a reply to see how it all went! We also want to know your experience!

@spysiuk , thanks for sharing your experience! The steps you provided might help other users. 

@sarasoda7@FX818 ! Have you tried the steps provided by our friend @spysiuk ? If you have any question regarding your case, you can always reply to the last mail sent by Support, they'll be glad to explain everything to you !

@SWISS ,thanks for letting us know about the situation with Window 10. Could you please go in the Windows 10 app, to Account>Help. In the titel you'll see the version of the app. could you let me know it?

Please keep me posted. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please stop deleting our posts. Based on the amount of posts here there is an issue.

Best Answer
@FoldingBikeman wrote:

I am very interested in any new improvements you notice. Fitbit management apparently does not see the need to disclose. Thanks. 

@FoldingBikeman

The tap to wake the screen is more responsive on my Ionic than before the update.

The only feature I have noticed so far,  the new Quick Link from the swipe down, from the clock face. (Unfortunately that only stays open 3 seconds ), hence no photo.

This is for Music, Pay and Settings.. In Settings it makes it easier to tap and change.   The photo is from tapping the Settings option.

This isn't in the Ionic manual yet.....

Edited picture for the Brightness settings                             

Quick Link.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit : Yes, I have tried rebooting my ionic several times, including while I was on the phone with customer service. Holding down two or all three buttons does nothing. The watch remains completely dead. It’s been plugged in for hours too so it’s not the battery either. The watch worked perfectly for my 5:40 am run, it tracked my workout and played my music. It was the in the middle of the firmware download that it went black and didn’t turn back on. 

Best Answer
My situation is exactly the same as sarasoda's. Can't be a coincidence.
Best Answer

my situation same as you also

consulted support but still cannot get solution

the worst thing is that my ionic out of warranty for 4 months, it is expensive to use 300 to buy ionic and only have 16 months life

Best Answer

I've emailed support two days ago and so far no reply besides the automatic massage that a case has been opened.

Tried every solution mentioned in this thread but the Ionic remains dead as a Stone.

Best Answer

I am a bit disturbed by the very negative tone of many of the postings.  While I can understand the frustration if a flagship product bricks after an update or simply stops working, I can say that my Ionic, which I have had since June, has been performing as described throughout this time.  It has occasional issues with sync, which probably have to do with my practice of syncing to both an Android phone and a Windows 10 laptop.  Usually a reset solves the problem.  As I wrote in my previous post, I did the OS 4.0.1 firmware update yesterday.  The update bombed on the first attempt, with connection only to the phone, but that did not seem to do anything negative to the Ionic.  I tried the update again later at home, where I had connected the Ionic to a WiFi access point.  The download was immeasurably faster, and the update proceeded without a hitch.  The only new feature I can see after one day is the Quick Link ribbon with four new buttons.  It is "nice to have" but it isn't a gamechanger.  As I wrote earlier, the Windows 10 client no longer syncs.  There is an error message that says that I need a newer version of the client, but the Microsoft Store has only the version I had been using.  I assume that an update of the client will come sometime soon.  The principal connection is my Android phone, and I can say that the sync seems to work better, now, so maybe this is the bug fix that is purportedly done.  I was hoping, though, for some new "Wow" feature.

My wish right now:  SpO2 would be nice, but really nice would be an app which displays the day's calender events after syncing with a Microsoft Exchange server.  Most large organizations run their own server, not the Microsoft cloud, and the notification-driven alerts just tell you that you are about to miss something important rather than helping you plan not to miss them.

Best Answer

After read the post of ionic and versa,

the 4.0.1 firmware release seems to be a disaster

many people claimed their watches being brick

and support do not face this problem and just told you to restart and try again

I had restart my ionic for hundred times

what's going on ...?

Best Answer

I have not seen much issues related to the Versa here, most of the issues seem to be the Ionic. Anyone having the same issues with the Versa or is it safe to do the update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich, check out the Charge 2 Community Forum and the over 37 pages of the thread on the latest firmware update.  Countless Charge 2's have been bricked by that update and users who are out of warranty aren't getting much love from the company.  My Ionic is over 1.5 years old and back in July there was something that happened and it was essentially dead.  After a week or so tech support was able to help me revive it.  I'm not sure about the Versa as I don't have one of those but it seems strange that these new firmware releases seem to ruin many devices.  I'm not downloading any firmware updates until this gets sorted out.  

Best Answer

@JuanFitbit 

can you offer some sort of timeline for a solution other than the obvious things we have all tried over and over again? How about when the 3.6.1 update will be made on the google play store? or why these fitbit products malfuntion constantly. There were 468 posts complaining about these devices and the issues caused by the updates and your only real response was that we should be respectful. how about fitbit respects the people that keep them running and offers solutions or properly tests the updates prior to releasing it to people that have spent hundreds of dollars on their devices only to have them malfuntion or stop working. at this point the Ionic that i have spent a significant amount of money on performs the same funtion as a digital watch i could get for $15. how about some answers to our problems that dont involve "restarting the device"!

Best Answer

I have updated to the new firmware.  Next day a message came up to Calibrate the watch but I couldn't since I didn't have my charging cable so couldn't, that evening I went for a 5K run, the Distance on my watch when I stopped said 3.21 miles the run updated on the App and Strava as 3.17 miles yet the map shows the distance as 3.22?! I don't know which one is correct and the Calibrate message hasn't appeared again so don't know how to check if the watch is working correctly?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! When can you expect the possibility of updating to 4.0.1 on Windows 10 mobile? (Microsoft Lumia 950XL)

Best Answer