Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.1 - Firmware Release (27.68.9.12)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/16

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.1, available for Ionic (Firmware Version: 27.68.9.12). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone.  

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

Hi team Fitbit,

After upgrade, my ionic blacked out.

I don't know if there is a connection.

I only have it for two weeks.

Appreciate your help.

RW.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The most recent update bricked my ionic. One minute it's at 90% Battery and loading the update, next minute it's completely dead. Tried all the resets, nothing. 18 months old...

Getting what appears to be the template response from customer service, "not under warranty but her is 25% off another device". 

Is there a correlation between the update and ionics dying? 

Best Answer

I highly doubt that will ever happen... they will probably release that working feature in a future model of fitbit thus you will have to buy a new one to get that feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I may have missed a post, but is there a way to downgrade to the previous version?  I'm having all sorts of issues since updating. 

1) The date on the Notifications screen (swipe down) is wrong until I restart.  I haven't gone more than a day without restarting, but if I don't restart the date is off by at least one day. 

2) My text messages will no longer sync with my android.

3) There is no longer an option on the phone to control notifications (on/off), or at least not one that I can find. 

4) Is there a way to change which options are included in the Quick Settings? I don't use the music or wallet apps, so those are worthless for me to have to see every time I swipe down. 

Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies and for your comments. 

For those who already contacted Support, I advice you to continue working with them. They will have a look at your cases and will provide support for them. If the troubleshooting steps advised by Support didn't work, please let our Support Team know, so that they can help you further. 

@JulesCO_1 @maza91 , Support informed me that you haven't contacted them yet. Support have opened a case for each of you and will be contacting you soon via Email 

@connect5t , the update doesn't depend on your mobile device, but on your account. The roll out for the update is still in progress but don't worry, you'll be notify in the app, when it is available to you. 

Please keep me posted

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to force the update on the ionic? I want to update, but don't see any way how.

Thanks

Best Answer

same, I have done everything possible to try and push the update..i am part of the fitbit field testing and cannot do the most recent beta because my app is not up to date...

Best Answer

I'm in your situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

just an fyi I just did a factory reset (very time consuming) and im still stuck on firmware 27.33.1.51

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory reset didn’t helped me either

Best Answer
0 Votes

After is new firmware update, I no longer receive text notifications on my watch. And it's only text messages. I receive my calls and other notifications. It's so frustrating. I already did a live chat and they said they couldn't help me and that it was because of the new update. What the heck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Release notes:

WHAT'S FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

Is this a joke???

You just lost one more customer. 

Best Answer

@JuanFitbit i have done all of this and contacted customer service. Is there ever going to be a REAL solution to this besides reconnect and pair again and hope for the best?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a question for you. Why don't you keep releasing new releases and solve the problems that a lot of people are reporting on the forum? My watch started counting the wrong steps (about ten thousand steps a day) and then it turned off and never went back to work .... and you did nothing ... They do nothing .... Launching releases is very easy ... keeping a satisfied customer is hard .... I will in all social networks say this ... and in all the comments of this forum, will have a comment of mine .... complaining and criticizing for not helping me ...

Best Answer

I resisted downloading 27.68.9.12 firmware despite daily prompting on the app to do so and am still running 27.33.1.30.  I was having no trouble with my Pixel 3 until yesterday (after an app update on the 19th) and now no Gmail notifications on the Ionic but SMS and incoming phone calls are fine.  Curiously Fitbit is no longer pushing this firmware update to me through the app, wonder why?  I also have a Charge 2 and you can visit that forum on the Fitbit Community to read about the catastrophic results of their latest firmware update.  Good luck all and I hope they get it fixed.  Wearing my Garmin Vivoactive 3 now since all notifications work seamlessly on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem , mine won’t do BPM or Sleep even has trouble syncing. They are sending a replacement. I agree with a previous post if this doesn’t fix it I’m going to the Apple Watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading the above messages, I'm glad that in my case the update failed to install for some reason. I tried to install it today, but it is no longer offered. I'm guessing after all the complaints Fitbit stopped the rollout.

Best Answer

Probably would be awesome if it would work! My App can't even locate my watch or recognize the wifi or Bluetooth!  Help would be great!!! I use the Fitbit app on my Samsung Galaxy S10+

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apparently I am told that Fitbit is not compatible with Samsung Android operating system. It is however compatible with iOS (Apple) system. That's funny considering Apple has their own watch for their own phones. FITBIT needs to get their priorities in line.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also a beta tester for project Yak and also have yet to receive the new beta Firmware update despite logging it as a problem yesterday and being told 'we have pushed it to your account again'

Best Answer