Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.1 - Firmware Release (27.68.9.12)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/16

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.1, available for Ionic (Firmware Version: 27.68.9.12). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone.  

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

I agree. Would be nice if we could somehow force a check without having to factory reset the watch. This is way too long to wait for an update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic stopped keeping correct time, would not connect to my phone, etc. so I tried your troubleshooting tips. All settings were as they should be. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Removed the Ionic from the app. Now the app can't find the Ionic. 

UPDATE!  I followed all the troubleshooting tips up to and including "Reset to Factory Settings". Now it just displays the Fitbit logo for several seconds, goes black, then the logo again...rinse and repeat until doomsday. I see no way to recover from this! Guess I'm out $300.

Moderator edit: Format and word choice 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems to me that Fitbit has been working to address the issue. Since the
last app update several days ago my SMS messages are now working again.
Thanks!
Best Answer

Hi. I did IOS update. My issue is my watch does not vibrate when I get text messages. But, when I made a few calls and the person picks up, it does vibrate which it never ever did before the update. I need this to be resolved. No firmware has been offered to me as of late. But what is going on? I reinstalled, I took out the fit bit app to no avail, etc... When I reinstall the app, it's the same one. Help! Customer service on the phone blows!

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any update or progress with this situation of     Type error: Failed to fetch. and sync golf courses, have updated to 1.011 still problems have reset, reinstalled all apps still not able to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any update or progress with this situation of   Type error: Failed to fetch. and sync golf courses, have updated to 1.011 still problems have reset, reinstalled all apps still not able to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay what's the story on this firmware update, has it been pulled back, is there all of a sudden a newer version? It's been about a month, time for the mods to explain what is going on. All you people with dead device problems or battery problems my Ionic is roughly 19 months old now it works well, my advice is to try to never charge it over 90% and do charge it when its in the 50% to 60% percent range it's a lithium based battery they don't like to be overcharged or ran way down just my opinion but its shared by many others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not my job to micro-manage the battery of the device. That's the job of the device firmware. If it's not safe to charge it to 100%, and I should not exceed 90%, then Fitbit should readjust the charging logic to stop it when it reaches 90%.

Same thing about the 50% limit. If allowing it to discharge under 50% is unsafe, I should receive a notification to recharge it when it reaches 60%, not at 25% like it does now, and the device should automatically shut down when it reaches 50% charge.

And, of course, the 50% and 90% points should be re-labeled as 0% and 100%, and the false advertising regarding the battery life updated accordingly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do what you want Vlad and I am not saying Fitbit's recommendation on charging the device is wrong I am saying what I have done after researching other sources on the web and it seems to have worked well for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got the update 68.9.15. Took 5 minutes to install.

Best Answer

updating right now

Best Answer

updating here too! finally!

Best Answer

I've bought my Ionic a couple of days ago and am currently running 27.33.1.30. I'm pairing the device with an Android 9 phone.

I haven't encountered any "bugs" yet (haven't been able to test WhatsApp message notifications yet; I'm switching a phone and a smartwatch at the same time and my old phone is still taking care of WhatsApp message while I'm making sure that the new combo will be working fine) and am not sure which "improvements" I'd be missing if I didn't update. Maybe WhatsApp notifications work in 27.33.1.30 and I'd lose them if I upgraded now?

Although I know what to pay attention to when upgrading the firmware of a device, I'm very concerned about the many messages here about users having their device bricked by the update. Are these reports only valid for an update that was pushed out earlier?

The Fitbit App doesn't announce straight away which firmware version it would update the Ionic to and I'm too cautious to even try and see whether it would if I clicked on the update notification.

In summary, it seems dangerous to attempt the update and it isn't clear what I'd be gaining with the update. On the contrary, it seems I may lose the ability to receive WhatsApp notifications.

Would the best strategy be to hold off on the update until a new version becomes available that
a) isn't prone to bricking devices, and
b) is known to have fixed the apparent WhatsApp notification issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all!

Thanks for taking the time to about your experiences updating to Fitbit OS 4.0.1. Due to your great feedback, our team was able to identify and fix a small issue with this firmware. As a result, we are releasing a new firmware build (OS 4.0.2) which is now available for a percentage of Ionic users. 

I have closed this thread to further comments to help keep the community tidy but please feel free to post about your experiences updating to Fitbit OS 4.0.2 in our new firmware thread, here.

Thanks again! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer