Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1 - Firmware Release (70.7.14)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/5

Hi everyone!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1 (Firmware Version: 70.7.14). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes a variety of new features and enhancements, including: 

• Smart wake: Smart wake will gently begin to wake you with subtle vibrations during the optimal part of your sleep cycle (during light or REM) within a 30-minute window prior to your pre-set alarm. This allows you to wake up feeling refreshed. 

• Clock face switcher: You will now be able to store up to five clock faces right on your device and quickly change from one to the other using the new clock face switcher.

• On-wrist Sleep Score: The score will now be available in the on-device dashboard that can be accessed by swiping up from the clock face. You can still see it alongside your sleep data within the Fitbit app after you sync.

• Exercise app improvements: The redesigned Exercise app will now display all 20 workouts in a new streamlined list on your wrist. 

• Battery notification: When your battery is running low, a new feature will automatically disable notification vibrations

• Agenda app: A new Agenda app allows you to see your calendar right on your wrist. 

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

After all the negative posts seen on the previous second-to-last update, I really need to give 10-thumbs-up to Fitbit.  I received my notice last night.  The update took only about 11 minutes and worked excellently immediately.  Today I installed the 'new' Agenda which is a great one to have as now I do not need to pull out my phone in order to see my Calendar Events.  They appear on my wrist.  GREAT STUFF!  Waiting to see what's coming next.

Thank you, Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi everyone

After the Firmware Version: 70.7.14 update my Ionic won't turn on

I'm very disappointing......  seems like they set me a trojan that broke my watch.

((((

Best Answer

That would be nice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only a 1 year warranty.

Best Answer

Unfortunately they will not replace it. They refuse to admit the update created issues with the product. They will offer you a discount on a new one...what a joke. 

Best Answer

That’s interesting and disappointing to learn. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

👍 Cool 😎 It rocks!

Best Answer

The exercise app for running would default to .5 for automatic laps. I was pretty excited to see the new firmware being released hoping it would fix the issue. NOPE. The automatic laps default to 3.0.

I can't wait for this watch to brick so I can switch to Garmin. So tired of going into the settings to change the automatic laps to 1.0 mile.

Best Answer

Successfully updated my ionic to firmware 70.7.14 last nite. Really happy with the update especially can swipe clock faces in second.

unfortunately, when woke up this morning, my ionic crash n blackout, dont know why. Restart cannot, recharge cannot, just blackout. 

what happening??

Best Answer

Yes, same thing happened to me

Best Answer

That's very disappointing to hear. 

Best Answer

Just updated my ionic, restarted phone and watch before connecting and updating, ionic on full battery and plugged into charger. Now ionic will not turn on.

so apart from leaving it plugged into the charger any suggestions to get it working or is that another Fitbit bricked?

Best Answer

Try hold left button and lower right button for a while until watch restart. This work for me.

Best Answer

@Arthurycl

I got my Ionic on launch day, and yesterday it updated without issues in about 10 minutes.

Best Answer

After finally getting the update  I have noticed that I can no longer add water consumption through the watch (It lets me add the water, click the check mark but as soon as the screen turns off I go check the hydration section and nothing is added.) It works fine through the app. Can anyone check if this happens in their watch? It's an Ionic I bought summer 2018. 

Best Answer

The hydration is working for me, I had to close and reopen app after adding it.

Best Answer

The update was seamless, BUT...

Now if I turn off my Ionic, I have to do a factory restart just to turn it back on. Very annoying. Am I the only one?

Best Answer

MiNe works just fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I am having the same issue but I'm running Android 7. My ionic will not turn on. 

Best Answer

Well after the last update I stopped recieving any notifications. Tried EVERYTHING under the sun that was reported me to troubleshoot and fix. After i got notified of this new update i couldnt wait. I updated it.... now i dont worry about not recieving notifications anymore.... NOW MY WATCH DOESNT EVEN TURN ON... this is such unacceptable B.S. how is it even possible that fitbit can do this to people?? Especially the ones that are out of warranty, like myself.  We end up being **ahem** OUT OF LUCK. FITBIT tries to compensate with a 25% off discount on a new watch as a result of something THEY did! That's a slap in the face to their consumers.

Best Answer