Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.2.2 - Ionic Firmware Release (72.1.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Ionic will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find release notes here.  New Ionic version is 27.72.1.15. 

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Ionic here.

If you run into difficulty please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187
Hi,

Sounds similar to my woes.

There are a few videos online that show how to change the battery, the
display. I have not found any explaining how to replace the HR-sensor...

When the Ionic is bricked, you can't do any diagnostics, unless you start
taking it apart...

Suunto, Garmin, Samsung, Huawei, any recommendations from others?

Cheers,

Claude
Best Answer
0 Votes
If there's anyone that still has an ionic that works, I have a bunch of
small bands I'd be willing to get rid of for the price of shipping
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys!

Thanks for solving my problem.

Yes, I updated to the latest version and my ionic stopped working. I went through the procedure given by the customer support and as of now, it is working fine.

After posting here and not getting any fair response, I twittered them! I got an immediate response. The support was also given over the twitter and that was good enough to set the device right.

The twitter handle I messaged to was: @FitbitSupport

Thanks, folks once again.

Shan

Best Answer

So what was the procedure..it would be helpful if you mentioned it here

Best Answer

What's the solution applied?

Best Answer

Hello Shan

I had the same result, but the sensor stopped working after 1,5 day. Can you give an update after a few days? Then I can give it a try again. Maybe they realised a fix.

Best Answer

Finally switched from Sense to Ionic, it found an update, updated Fitbit Ionic to 72.1.15. Took a few minutes, connected to charger and WiFi. Everything seemed to work, shutdown, restarted Ionic a few times, did a small exercise, it seems to function, went back to Sense...

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting that has worked for some of you. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, this helps us to continue improving our services offered. This new firmware has been released to 100%, your Ionic firmware version should be 27.72.1.15, find release notes here

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Ionic hereIf you run into difficulty please review these troubleshooting tips

This thread will be closed, if you experience difficulties after installing it, feel free to create a new thread of get in touch with our Support team

Hope this helps. See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer