Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.2.2 - Ionic Firmware Release (72.1.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Ionic will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find release notes here.  New Ionic version is 27.72.1.15. 

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Ionic here.

If you run into difficulty please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, thank you for keep sharing your comments. 

As a first approach, I'd like to reinforce the fact that we do not recommend performing a factory reset on your own unless it has suggested directly from our Support Team. Performing a factory reset might damage your watch permanently if it's done incorrectly.

As mentioned before, if you're still running into any issue with your watch, you can try the suggested steps listed below before checking with our team:

• Find step-by-step instructions for updating your Ionic smartwatch here
  • If you run into any trouble updating your watch and it looks stuck, review these troubleshooting tips
  • If you have any questions or inquiries related to your warranty you can check this page

We've also noticed that some of you have different issues with your Ionic smartwatches after the update.

1. If you're having syncing issues with your Fitbit, please try these steps Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 
  2. If you've noticed battery issues with your Fitbit, please try these steps before checking with our support team Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? or Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
  3. If you're having heart rate issues,  please confirm if you've restarted your device by following the steps from this help article How do I restart my Fitbit device? Then you can sync your Fitbit and test it. Take in count this information: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?
  4. Remember that if you've already followed all troubleshooting steps suggested in our Help Site, it's best to get in touch with our support team. Click here to get connected.

For the ones who got in touch with our Support Team before or after posting here, please feel free to update your support case if you still have inquiries or need further help, so our team can continue assisting you.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
187 REPLIES 187

Just got notice on the app that there is a firmware update to install.  I'm currently on 27.72.1.9.

Anyone know what is in the latest?  As usual, I don't see anything posted about the update.

Best Answer

Best Answer

what's changed?  There's literally nothing on the Internet for 27.72.1.15 (unless you count IP addresses :))

Best Answer

Done the update but not spotted anything new. It did a recalibration of the sensors after install. 

Best Answer

Curiosity got the better of me and I did the update this morning.  Also calibrated after install.  Nothing that I could see that was different/new.  Even the link in the app (iphone) to the 'what's new' firmware update page is a broken link.  These guys need to get their act together with communication on updates.

Best Answer

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2302.htm 

It's not helpful, but latest firmware is an OS update with "bug fixes and improvements". 🙄

I'm not getting the update notification in the app and really would like to give the update a go.  I'm hoping there's something to stop the GPS being so chatty and dropping out. 🤔

Best Answer

Just arrived in Australia, waiting for the SPo2 to calculate then I will do the update.

Updated perfectly to V 27.72.1.15, but at the end the App thought it hadn't completed and on looking at the settings in the Ionic and a sync with the App all OK.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Mine Fitbit hasn't work since I did the update. 

Best Answer

3 attempts to install the July 20, 2021 Ionic update failed. Each time progress on device screen stopped at an estimated 60% and Fitbit app reports that it cannot find Ionic. Update attempts were initiated under same high speed internet connection used during successful attempts of previous Ionic updates. After 3 attempts, Fitbit app on my Samsung G21 Plus unable to find the Ionic 3 times. When looking for the Ionic via Bluetooth, Bluetooth reports a device named "CABLE" but no device named Ionic.

I need help to get this working.

Best Answer

I've just seen there's a firmware update for my Ionic, I'm in the UK btw, and I thought I'd look on here before potentially bricking my watch.

I hope yours get sorted but I think I'll hold off for a bit.

Best Answer

Decided to download the update this morning. After it finished updating it wanted to recalibrate. So, I put it on the charger and it went to work on recalibrating sensors…well now I can’t seem to get any of the sensors to work. HR, steps, blood oxygen level, floors and zone minutes all show —, I can see that all of the data is updating on my app, but not the watch. Thus far, I’ve been pretty impressed with the functions of the ionic the gps function, altimeter, HR, etc. However, this is the second time something like this has happened after updating the firmware. Not very impressed with their new updates. Has anyone else had issues like this? 

Best Answer

Hi everybody, thank you for sharing your comments with us.

@SunsetRunner I'd like to give you a hand with your Ionic. Can you please give more details about the issue you're having with your Fitbit? Is it not syncing or not showing steps after syncing? Thank you in advance.

@DLXYZ Thank you for sharing those details. Sorry about the issues you're having to update your Ionic. In this case, please restart your phone and reconnect your Ionic by following these instructions How do I set up my Fitbit device? If this doesn't work, please see Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

@smswyoming Your feedback is of great help. This is the first case with these specific issues after the update, so can you please restart your Fitbit and sync it again. If that doesn't work, please attach a picture of the issue. I'll be waiting for your reply.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Just updated the firmware to 27.72.1.15 and everything is working good. Notice that swiping from screen to screen on the watch is more responsive.

Best Answer

@victorysaint Excellent news, thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having heart rate monitoring gaps and sleep data issues with my ionic since last Friday. 
Before this everything had been working fine for months. 
Is this a known issue which the update may fix - I have not had notification of the update yet ?

Now nothing works, just stuck in a permanent reboot loop whatever I do ! YojanaFitbit_0-1627015932881.png

Best Answer

The same is happening to me. No heart rate sensor, unable to calibrate after the updates, no step count , sleep tracking etc. Literally just a watch to tell the time with at the moment! So frustrated with this update! After updating, my heart rate sensor no longer works, it won’t calibrate due to this either, no steps are being counted, so calories burned are incorrect & no sleep tracking. I have completed ALL the troubleshooting more than once. Also, although the update appears to complete fine on my ionic, the app just repeatedly tell me I need to do an update. I have done this loop about 20 times today. Such a waste of time.

Best Answer

Hi there, @JohnB44. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you for your feedback and for reporting the issues with you Ionic. Please confirm if you've already restarted your Fitbit. And please follow the steps suggested here: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?.

@Mumpit Nice to see you around. Thanks for letting us know this information. If the Fitbit app is still showing the update is because this didn't complete the process for some reason. In this case, please contact our Support Team. They can help you out with more specific steps to finish the update (Version 72.1.15).

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Ionic yesterday (27.72.1.15) and since then it has stopped sync'ing with my iPhone.  I've tried shutting down the iPhone and Ionic device but it hasn't made any difference.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer

I'm also having trouble with this update - I have had two conversations with Fitbit via live chat and have ended up with just the blue Fitbit logo slowly blinking on my screen. The upshot is Fitbit are telling my device no longer works and I have to buy a new one but they are happy to give me a discount! Hardly great service. 

Best Answer