Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay and Ionic credit card updates

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Searched forums but did not see answer to my specific question.

Lost my Fitbit Pay linked credit card so I went my credit card site and requested a new one.  I was instantly given the new card number to use with Fitbit Pay and the card number updated in the Fitbit Pay app on my Android phone.

However, on my Ionic, the number has stayed the same.  I don't remember if my credit card site or the Fitbit app gave a notification saying that I could instantly use my new card number with digital wallets (I suspect it was my credit card company).

In any case, I tried a number of ways to update the card on the Ionic (deleted the card, reboot the Ionic, re-sync with my phone, change the default card, etc.) but all were unsuccessful.  The old card number remains so I haven't tried to use it.

I imagine all I have to do is remove the card from the Android app, sync the Ionic to remove it from the Fitbit Pay app (even though the new number is there already) then add the new card information, go through the verification process again and sync the new card info to the Ionic to resolve.

I guess my only real question is, should the card number have automatically updated on the Ionic once a sync was performed after updating in the Android app or not?  It seemed as if that was the way it was supposed to happen but after reviewing my options, it seems like without verifying the new card number, it will not be added.  Just trying to confirm that is the case.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

For anyone finding this thread on a search looking for an answer.  The solution was what I thought it would be. 

1) Activate and/or unlock your new card with your card issuer

2) Verify that your card information is updated in Fitbit Pay on Android.

3) Remove updated card from Fitbit Pay on Android (even though it appears correctly in the application).

4) Auto-sync to Ionic

5) Add your new card back to Fitbit Pay on Android (must have physical card with access to full card #, expiration date and CVV number on back of the card)

6) Auto-sync to Ionic.

7) Validate that the card number on Ionic is updated to the new card number.

Issue is now resolved. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Couldn't edit post.  This section is wrong.

"I imagine all I have to do is remove the card from the Android app, sync the Ionic to remove it from the Fitbit Pay app (even though the new number is there already) then add the new card information, go through the verification process again and sync the new card info to the Ionic to resolve."

Should read ...

I imagine all I have to do is remove the card from the Android app (even though the new number is there already), sync the Ionic to remove it from the Fitbit Pay app then add the new card information, go through the verification process again and sync the new card info to the Ionic to resolve.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you sure it didn't already add it as another card?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes.  I have only enabled two cards for digital wallets.  Both were added to Fitbit Pay app on Android and showed up on the Fitbit Pay app on Ionic.  After cancelling the old card and getting a new number on the credit card site, I opened the Android app and it shows the last 4 numbers of the new card.  I performed the above steps but the Ionic did not and still does not show the new number.  Still has the old number. 

I did not have to re-verify the new card number on the Android app to update it so I am making the assumption that re-verification is what is needed to update the card number on the Ionic. That won't happen though until I remove and re-add the new card info.  I can't do that until I get the physical card in the mail since I can only see and know the expiration date and CVV number (numbers on the back of the card) on the card itself.  Its safer but just wasn't what was expected according to the feedback while doing everything.  I just wondered if this was a bug, an error on my device(s) or just something undocumented that is working as expected.  Should be a question for support, not a community forum but ... I started here because getting support nowadays from any company is more pain than its worth.  Thanks for your reply.

Best Answer

For anyone finding this thread on a search looking for an answer.  The solution was what I thought it would be. 

1) Activate and/or unlock your new card with your card issuer

2) Verify that your card information is updated in Fitbit Pay on Android.

3) Remove updated card from Fitbit Pay on Android (even though it appears correctly in the application).

4) Auto-sync to Ionic

5) Add your new card back to Fitbit Pay on Android (must have physical card with access to full card #, expiration date and CVV number on back of the card)

6) Auto-sync to Ionic.

7) Validate that the card number on Ionic is updated to the new card number.

Issue is now resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes