Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay in the Netherlands-Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today it was announced that Garmin pay will be available in the Netherlands.

I have bought my Fitbit Ionic more than a year ago under the assumption that Fitbit pay would have been available in a couple of months.

Apparently Garmin has succeeded in making the arrangements where Fitbit has failed (so far). A final push towards a Garmin device!

Moderator Edit: Format

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Great news 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

RABOBANK is now working with Fitbit Pay

81DC5617-8ACD-48D0-9301-F3A8EA3D6C41.png

FBEEB53A-E287-4D82-B209-42380911BF00.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rabobank now has Fitbit Pay

8AF67783-B440-4821-BEBF-9E804B1813F4.png

1766DB69-14AA-42A5-B750-1D6E338C5998.png

Best Answer

YESS!! FINALLY FITBIT PAY IN THE NETHERLANDS!! THANKS RABOBANK.

I was able to add my bankcard to my Fitbit Wallet today 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, but when I want to pay it says card refused, you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone!

I have some great news! We recently added the following banks for the Netherlands to Fitbit Pay:

• ABN AMRO (Maestro)

• Rabobank (Maestro)

Check out our official list of supported banks

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Today I actually used my Fitbit Ionic with Rabobank maestro card to make a first payment @ HEMA! sweet.

Best Answer

Make sure you enter the bankaccount nr (copy & paste from Rabo mobiel bankieren app) and the expiration date, then it should work, here are the instructions from Rabobank 
https://www.rabobank.nl/particulieren/betalen/betaaldiensten/betalen-met-je-smartwatch/

Best Answer

Weird thats what I did and it says card refused. Then I tried the ABN Amro card and all works fine.. I'm gonna call Rabo.

thnx btw

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I made my first payment with ABN-Amro and it works fine. Rabo still doesn't work for me. I will try to remove the registered Rabo card and try again later.

Best Answer

good thing is you can pay higher amount now without a pin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally fitbit pay is supported in the Netherlands, however the largest bank (ING) is not supported. This just happens to be my bank... And Garmin is also not supported.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

it's  only possible to enter your cardnumber when you have a creditcard? Is this correct?

I thought enter my paycard (with Maestro) from Rabobank (Netherlands) ,but that is not possible.

Can you answer me if this is true?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner

You can use your normal Rabobank (Maestro) paycard, you go to your Rabobank mobile app, to your bankaccount info, there you find your bankcard number (looks like credit card number) and also here you find expiry data. (copy & paste into Fitbit wallet)
look at the instructions I posted earlier, follow there and it works
https://www.rabobank.nl/particulieren/betalen/betaaldiensten/betalen-met-je-smartwatch/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks ...I found it.

Know I'm so far and enter al necessary  information on my mobile Rabo app...

But....the last step the app make connection to my bank and this proces take a couple of minutes...I'm waiting right know 15minuted and the app is still make connection to my bank.

Is there something wrong?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Rabo debit cards should work normally

Sent from my iPhone
marc@overexposure.nl
06-55170555
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope also for me...

See message below....4 times I tried and sometime more than 15minutes

Someone else same issue?

Thanks

See Screenshot_20190131-161421_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

The card number equivalent for ABN AMRO maestro is 19-digits, while the Fitbit app only allows me to enter 16 (inserting the first 16 leads to the message "please enter valid card number"). How can I make it work?

Update: solved by (manually) updating the Android app on the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! 

Great to see so much enthusiasm about Fitbit Pay rolling out in the Netherlands! 

For anyone who is still trying to get set up, I recommend following the steps detailed in this article. If you get stuck at any point, feel free to let me know where.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I tried adding my card to my Fitbit Wallet and that worked, including the verification by my bank. However, when I press the left button on my Ionic for two seconds, I don't go to the pay screen. I can go to two screens, but the paymentscreen isn't one of them.

How can I activate the payment screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes