Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit counteed 50k steps while sleeping

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started having trouble with my Fitbit Ionic last night.  It started restarting over and over. I manually restarted it and it seemed to stop. I plugged it in for the night.  I woke up and had 50,000 steps and it's still counting!!! I restarted twice but it won't stop! The only thing I can think of is that I wore it swimming (not the first time) and it got damaged.  I'm so worried. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Oh no - not sounding good. I guess the only thing left to try as (multiple restarts havent fixed it) is a factory reset. On your Ionic go to the setting app and scroll down to About. If that doesn't fix it then you will need to contact Support (link in my signature )

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I started having trouble with my Fitbit Ionic last night.  It started restarting over and over. I manually restarted it and it seemed to stop. I plugged it in for the night.  I woke up and had 50,000 steps and it's still counting!!! I restarted twice but it won't stop! The only thing I can think of is that I wore it swimming (not the first time) and it got damaged.  I'm so worried. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh no - not sounding good. I guess the only thing left to try as (multiple restarts havent fixed it) is a factory reset. On your Ionic go to the setting app and scroll down to About. If that doesn't fix it then you will need to contact Support (link in my signature )

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi,

I assume you have also tried to restart the Ionic.

Yes, I still have the same problem. Ionic is not so accurate as the Charge 2. 😞

Maybe support can help you as mentiond before.

Good luck!

Regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the factory reset. It even had me do the calibration. It is still counting steps while not moving.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I have to contact support. It's not that it's innacurate. I have had the Fitbit since Christmas,  it was a gift. I haven't had a problem with it before this.  It is counting steps while sitting on a table.  Something is very wrong with it 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the link. I chatted with Fitbit support and received my replacement Fitbit today

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the Fitbit near a vibration source like a fan, dehumidifier, or even a computer CPU? It can see the vibration as steps and add false steps.

You can enter a driving record to get rid of them

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-delete-data

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I can't believe that!!!

Mybe it depands on earth rotation;-)

I had my Fitbit on a washing machine and there were no steps counted.

I wave to a friend: no steps were counted.

Regards

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that... 🙁

I think you better contact support... In the past, I contacted them via chat. That was the fastest way to get help.

(((By the way... You are sure you aren’t sleep walking and walk all night? 😉)))

I have a Fitbit Ionic since January 2018. It’s my 4th now, during my warranty of 2 years. I hope this one lasts much longer. Updates are dangerous!
Best Answer
0 Votes