Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit lonic wont turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had two watches and now my second clock is dead. I have tried reset. Tried put the charger in it. And I have also tried to push to buttons on the side and still won't turn on. Well it says it has protection for water up to 50meters deep but if the water was what so killed my clock do I wonder if the clock is actually waterproof. Since I'm on Holliday it might also have been the warm so killed it but that still strange because the same happens home in norway. There isn't that warm either. So plz help me fix this

-Marcus

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Ionic is rated -20 to 45 centigrade and 50m swimming. However, with regards to the waterproofing, that is static pressure. It’s fine for swimming laps in pools but if you’ve been doing any water sports or diving etc, you may find that the pressure rating has been exceeded. Also, things like saunas and hot tubs will probably/possibly cause failure. 

If you have tried restarting the device and still no joy, I’d suggest contacting customer support on your return home.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

And i think the clock can't handle warm temratures 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ionic is rated -20 to 45 centigrade and 50m swimming. However, with regards to the waterproofing, that is static pressure. It’s fine for swimming laps in pools but if you’ve been doing any water sports or diving etc, you may find that the pressure rating has been exceeded. Also, things like saunas and hot tubs will probably/possibly cause failure. 

If you have tried restarting the device and still no joy, I’d suggest contacting customer support on your return home.

Best Answer

Well i have only swimed down to max 1m and then i was getting some sunshine when I thought it I couldn't move or tap on anything them a min later the fit bit icon showed then it turned off and now it's just a ask screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Black screen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Marcus_Grande! I appreciate the troubleshoot that you've performed as well for the details that you've mentioned. I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you via email. 

Thanks for the advice @SunsetRunner. 

Hope this helps! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello Silvia,

i have the same issue. How may i speak with someone?

i am from Romania.

waiting for your reply!

Regards,

Liviu

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marcus,

how did you solved your issue?

i have the same problem with my fitbit!

thanks,

Liviu

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same problem twice time. 

In the first time , I used this watch for a week. The watch automatically shutted down and could not be turn on again. The service center did not know the reason and just changed a new one to me. 

After a half year,  I get the same problem tonight. Even if I restart the watch daily and charge it every night.

The problem still happened again. 

Unfortunately, the service center in hk could not make a refund. If yes,  I will do so. 

Best Answer

Oh you're unlucky then since this have happens to me twice too but I got my 3rd clock from where I bought it from so I'm happy as long as I get a clock working for some months. But gl get your watch back to life 😘 hope you get something back for the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did never solve the issue sorry so I don't know what you can do for fix it. The best thing I can say to you is that you need to go back to the store where you bought it and let them see it. Maybe you will get a new one as I did

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @LiviuRo. I would like you to confirm that you've tried restarting it and making sure that's properly charging. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and created a case on your behalf with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience @CYwan922 and @Marcus_Grande

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I would like to confirm that I always keep my watch's battery above 70 % since I will charge this every night. In my practice, I will restart my watch every morning. 

The reason for the above practice is due to the same problem on my last watch. 

But I think the design of the watch should have a defect.

This watch is obviously not WATERPROOF,  please forget what about 50m water resistance. 

When I bought this watch and swimmed at a swimming (depth 1.8 meter) in Jan 2018, the watch automatically shut down in this evening. 

At this time (Aug 2018), I forgot to take off my watch during bathing. The same problem happened.

You checked around this community to see how many the same problem on this watch.

I think it is the time for FITBIT announces this defect to alarm all user that IT IS NOT A WATER-PROOF PRODUCT.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sad to say that the service centre changed a new watch to me in Jan 2018. 

I think the service centre will change a new one to me this time as well. They should hide the defect of this watch, which is not a water-proof product. 

The best solution should buy another brand's watch.

Best Answer

I had the same problem.  Used my ionic in a triathlon and it quit.  It shouldn't be advertised as the watch it claims to be.  I sent it back for a replacement that may take 20 days.  Problem solved - I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 735 XT.  I will give my ionic away to someone I don't like. 

Best Answer

You made a good decision. 

I am looking for Garmin's watch as well.

Even if the service centre changes a new one to me, I lost confidence in FITBIT.

Moreover, I don't want to waste my time to go to the watch centre regularly.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @CYwan922 and @bicycle1314! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

For both of you, please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

I know you both have been in touch with our team, I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this.

If there any questions present, please let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi, it happened exactly the same to me. Just after I returned from Gym in the morning, as I always do, I washed my Ionic with cold water and left it drying after shutting down the watch. Battery was almost 30%.

When I returned home at night I couldn’t turn it on. I tried to recharge it, but the screen was black during charging.

I left it charging overnight. In the morning it was still dead.

I changed power outlet and also tried to charge directly to USB in my computer. No success at all.

I tried to press left and bottom right simultaneously for more than 10s....no sucess.

I tried to insert the power cable while pressing left and bottom right....green lights in the bottom part of the Ionic started to blink...but this was for a very short period.

Please let me know what to do and if I have to contact support service or wait for the to email me after my claim in this chat.

Thank you for the assistance

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @mawall75. I appreciate the details that you've mentioned as well for the troubleshoot that you've tried. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've informed me that you already have a resolved case with them. 

I'll be around if you have any additional question. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes