Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Enabling for swimming on Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there going to be an update to enable GPS for swimming and other activities besides running/walking/hiking?  It would be a great feature and make Fitbit more competitive with Garmin etc.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome on board @tanya-k, it's nice to see you here!  When you're swimming, there are some things that will turn off such as heart rate, floors tracking and GPS. The reason why it's because, it won't track your swim using GPS instead it will track the duration of your swim and the number of the pool lengths you complete. You can learn more about it by checking this article How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device?

However, I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for the idea and leave a comment to show support for it. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Having an Open Water or Ocean Swimming option which turns off heart rate, floors tracking and leaves on GPS with screen disabled would be great.  Ive tried with the running and walking option but something is stopping it halfway, which I'm guessing is something against the screen.

Best Answer

I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Moniken. Welcome to Community Forums

For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes