Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS connecting but is completely inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the watch for just over a year and have never had a major issue till this spring. Routes I had ridden 50 times were showing as significantly shorter than previously. Todays 22 km ride registered as 9 km on my Ionic. The watch hasn't recorded distance or elevation gain accurately in at least two weeks. Any one have a similar issue or fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, I have been experiencing this exact same issue-I have tried all the tricks-reset the watch, uninstall and reinstall, ensure the GPA is connected before I start the run,etc. and the GPS just will no longer log an accurate run on an established known course. The area I run in is open without heavy tree cover so no loss of GPS. I have posted along with others on this same topic several times and Fitbit will not offer any assistance. It is highly frustrating that their is obviously a defect that is being ignored. Please fitbit moderator.....respond with solutions or escalate the issue to the parties who can correct this! The device is not performing as advertised! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone but it stinks that Fitbit are ignoring the problem. I definitely wish I had done a little bit more research before dishing out $250 Canadian on a watch that worked for one year. I've started looking at Garmin's as they seem to be less prone to this issue and have better customer service.

Best Answer