Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

GPS on fitbit totally inaccurate but after syncing to Strava its correct. Any clue why this happens?Screenshot_20180824-144535_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20180824-144623_Strava.jpg

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @CarronM, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with the GPS accuracy so far, and for the screenshots provided.

As you may already know, the GPS requires a direct path to the satellites in order to receive their radio transmissions, and there are several reasons why GPS data could be negatively affected.  The accuracy depends on both your environment and the weather; the GPS signal could be affected because you're underground, near many tall buildings, or as a result of atmospheric effects. 

I'm aware that you probably already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, however, it won't harm to take a look at all the information here about the requirements, error messages and troubleshooting steps that could help to improve GPS accuracy.

Please keep in mind the maps of your activities won't be shown immediately once Strava is selected, but it is necessary selecting each activity in order to access them. On your Ionic you will be able to see the last 10 workouts. For information about what data will be transferred between your accounts please check out this post. The following activities won't be synchronized to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes