Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS unable to reconnect after it loses signal during run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anybody else have this issue? If I lose GPS signal during a run (such as running indoors to find a bathroom briefly) then it won't reconnect for the duration of the run.  Most of my runs as a consequence have partial GPS data

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Yeah, it's happened to me multiple times. Fitbit still tries to calculate distance using your average step length for the same run, but it results in a pretty significant variance. I just "upgraded" from the Blaze with the hope of not needing to bring my phone on runs, and it looks I still will have to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you use your phone's GPS during a run? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You use the Fitbit app and then go into the Exercise section and tap on the "timer" icon on the top right corner to start tracking a session. This is the user experience for iOS. Not sure for Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here - was walking with connected GPS and suddenly it changed to "connecting" and 20 min later was not able to find GPS anymore. I stopped the exercise, started another and in a few seconds it connected again.

Best Answer

Yes I having the same issue! Not tracking s Run too . I’m about ready to send this piece of shut back ! 

Best Answer

This is also happening to me. I’ve messaged support about it twice. I’m not sure if its a bad batch of watches of just something everyone is experiencing, but it ruins my run data. Im currently thinking about a refund as this fitness tracker isnt really fit for purpose. 

Best Answer

@Fattirewrote:

Anybody else have this issue? If I lose GPS signal during a run (such as running indoors to find a bathroom briefly) then it won't reconnect for the duration of the run.  Most of my runs as a consequence have partial GPS data

This seems to be a common experience with the Ionic, and now that I'm in mid-training for an upcoming marathon, I really need accurate pace and distance cues. So far with the ionic I haven't been able to get much beyond ten miles without it dropping to 'connecting'

but here's the thing - Fitbit can be better than that. I've decided to run with my Surge instead of the Ionic. Last week's long distance training run, the Surge went all 26 miles without losing connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes