Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail notification galaxy s7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything so far is good with my ionic except my only notification not working is gmail.  Text and calls working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

While the Gmail notifications do not (yet?) work as designed, I found a workaround that will do for the moment:

In the notification settings, disable the "Email" notification entirely. This will allow you to choose the Gmail App in the regular "App" notifications. This works fine on my S8 and the Ionic shows me the sender and the subject of the email.

I wonder if the Ionic would even show more if it worked normally. Would be great if someone could comment here whether in regular mode you have a chance to read the content of incoming emails, too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

having the same problems on the S8+ on Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine are hit and miss on my Galaxy S8+ - sometimes I get them, sometimes I do not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same problem with my Note 8. Gmail notifications not working. Also Telegram only shows the occasional notification. Major letdown.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here on my S8. Calls and WhatsApp work fine, Apps too. Just missing out on Gmail notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

While the Gmail notifications do not (yet?) work as designed, I found a workaround that will do for the moment:

In the notification settings, disable the "Email" notification entirely. This will allow you to choose the Gmail App in the regular "App" notifications. This works fine on my S8 and the Ionic shows me the sender and the subject of the email.

I wonder if the Ionic would even show more if it worked normally. Would be great if someone could comment here whether in regular mode you have a chance to read the content of incoming emails, too.

Best Answer

Didn't even think about that as a work around!  Worked for me too.  Also only sender and subject.  Will work for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've now tried pretty much every email app and the only one the Fitbit app recognises apart from the native Gmail app is Microsoft Outlook. With the default app set to Outlook I now get properly working email notifications on my Ionic. Not the best solution but at least it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brand new Ionic doesn't receivve any email notifications (Gmail) despite it being selected as my default email app in the Fitbit app.

Very annoying as it seemed to work yesterday. I've factory resetted the watch withn no luck.

Thanks

-----------------------------Sent from the back of Michael Caine's Mini Cooper S, Italy. Holding on for dear life...
Best Answer
0 Votes

My gmail notification isn't working well either from Galaxy S8+. I get a notification very sporadically.  Somewhere I read to turn off notifications in the fitbit app for email and then just leave notifications turned on for the phone and it would work, but this method has not worked for me either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I may have found a work around. I disabled the main notifications (text, calendar and email) that fit bit shows u and enabled them again within the 'app notifications' area where you can turn notifications on and off for all apps on your phone.

-----------------------------Sent from the back of Michael Caine's Mini Cooper S, Italy. Holding on for dear life...
Best Answer

That will get you the sender and nothing else. Which is pretty useless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason the Gmail app notification checkbox unchecked this week at one point and i stopped receiving notifications. 

😞 hopefully just a fluke 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AntonyW wrote:

That will get you the sender and nothing else. Which is pretty useless. 

Antony, I have a question regarding this:

Which kind of information do you receive now that you use Outlook and the "mail"-notification setting?

I use the workaround described above (I chose Gmail via "app"-notifications) and the Ionic shows me sender and also the subject of the email - which is more than just the sender.

Do you see any more additional info, e.g. the content of the email with your current settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I get the first couple of lines in the notification then tapping on it opens the whole email.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All I ever got using the workaround was the sender's name.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Outlook is the only other email app I could get the Fitbit app to list when selecting default email. Tried Alto, Newton, Edison Mail, Blue Mail & Wemail. App doesn't recognise them as default email possibilities. If anyone can get any of them to work please let me know. I'm not a huge fan of Outlook. Hoping when they fix the Gmail problem some of the alternatives will work.

Best Answer

Ok, thanks for your feedback! In this case the workaround is really only a bad replacement as you do not get the full features.

Has anybody reported this bug to Fitbit already? (Or have we done so by posting it here?)

Best Answer
0 Votes