Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRM accuracy/reliability and other features

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm a long term owner of Garmin products and currently own a Forerunner 935. As much I like the device look and feel, I don't like the portal and the watch functionality. Seeing lot of bugs with regard to notifications. But, one great thing with this device is the ability to pair to a plethora of external sensors (HRM, footpod etc). It looks like ionic is not allowing to pair with external sensors. Due to this, I would highly anticipate that the HRM on the back of the watch is darn accurate (identical in accuracy to the chest strap monitors). I also have the Scosche Rhythm+ which works wonderfully well with FR935. So, hoping for the best from Fitbit. I hope the new smartwatch HRM is excellent for HIIT, weight training (P90X), Insanity (extreme cardio), Yoga etc...

Also, what about navigation? Does it show real a map when GPS is used during running or doing a trail walk?

If Fitbit ionic is a game changer, I can sell FR935 immediately and get this.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I've heard nothing about external HRM connectivity.  Maybe the SDK will allow an app for this, or maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!

I did add a feature request already, if you want to vote for it: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Allow-Ionic-to-pair-with-Chest-Strap-HR-sensors/...

Best Answer

Thank you.

I did send out a e-mail last month to James Park (CEO of Fitbit) requesting for this very important feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did read some speculation that the new Flyer bluetooth headphones might be able to pair with other sensors. But I believe that was just an assumption by some early reviewers.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes