Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble getting my replacement device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have to post here. I try to be positive about the product, help out, participate in the forums, but when things have gone wrong and the customer service offered is so very very very sub par, I cannot stay quiet.

I have a misaligned screen that is very noticeable. I contacted support and they agreed to replace it. Great!

In Ireland, I have to use DHL to return the item. Now anyone sending items in Ireland would probably pick DHL as their last option. Anyway, Fitbit directed me to "Drop Off" my Ionic at a DHL location. There are no "Drop Off" DHL locations in Ireland for consumers, only for businesses. So this is the option does not work. So I have to call DHL and arrange collection of the item. My collection window is 9am to 6pm (i.e. the whole day). This would be ok if I wasn't on my 2nd day waiting for DHL to pick up the item, leading into my 3rd!

Now in terms of support. Fitbit customer service agents have contradicted themselves at so many points during this process that I am completely confused, extremely frustrated and really quite annoyed. They say things like "Please, let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll be more than happy to answer them for you.". They actually ignore any question they do not have a canned/scripted response for. Then they give contradictory information, one agent says send Ionic, the next says the Pebble, the next says Pebble, both bands and charger(does this include my additional sports band? who knows?). Every response leaves me with more quesions. Add this to the fact that the response times are approx 24hrs, generally I receive an email late at night here in Ireland and I generally respond immediately. Responses normally come the following day, late in the evening again!

Every time I ask for someone to take control of my case or for a Supervisor or Manager, I am told I cannot have one but there is someone monitoring my case. Getting conflicting responses from different service agents does not fill me with hope that anyone is actually managing my case.

In terms of the support contact options available to those in Ireland, they are exceptionally poor! I am not phoning a US/Canada number from Ireland due to the costs involved which leaves me with the Support Chat, and their opening hours are based on PT. I live in Ireland, beside the UK where you offer support in normal office hours GMT.

I should have bought my Ionic from a competent Brick and Mortar shop here in Ireland because at least they have the decency to deal with their customers in a decent manner. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@SunsetRunner Sorry you've had trouble with your return. Someone from our Support Team will reach out via your established case to provide assistance and get this resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @MatthewFitbit but I won't be holding out hope for a speedy or easy resolution. I believe my original title before you edited it was more accurate. The original title was "Very Poor Customer Service"  and I believe that what I have experienced is very poor customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thread topics are at their best when they are specific to the issue you are encountering - this allows Moderators and members alike to better identify opportunities to help. We typically update topics that are non-specific so that they can lead to better discussion. You'll be hearing from our team soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit Over 48hrs since I last sent an email to support with no response. I am appalled by the massively sub par service I have received from Fitbit. I would like Fitbit to phone me at a suitable GMT time.(I will not be calling a US number from Ireland due to exorbitant costs for International calls). Emails have not worked, chat has not worked and the forum has not worked.

Best Answer