Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphones won't auto connect to Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My bluetooth headphones are paired to my ionic but when I turn them on they won't automatically connect.  I have to go into settings and click "connect to headphones" and then select them.  These same headphones will auto connect to my iphone as soon as I turn them on.  Is there a way for them to auto connect to the ionic?  thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just un-paired then re-paired the same headphones (which I had tried before) and that seemed to do the trick this time.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Mine used to connect automatically and now they don't.  I'm not sure if it was due to an Ionic update or not.  It's very annoying have to go through a timed connection process every time I want to listen to Pandora from my Ionic (swiped down-> touch ..." -> touch device -> touch Sony bluetooth headphones, back, back).

Fitbit - please advise.

Best Answer

Make sure your Ionic screen is on just before you turn on your Bluetooth headset.

Best Answer

Long time user, first time I've responded. I've learned a lot reading these forums.  Even though the problems are the same, the solutions could be one of many.  I figure I'll throw my 2 cents in and see if it could be the solution to your problem.  When I had more than one Bluetooth headset paired, I had to connect every time.  When I deleted all but my favorite pair, it would connect as soon as I turned it on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still didn’t work but thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only have one paired with the ionic.  I tried turning off the Bluetooth on my phone since it connects with it immediately, thought maybe if that wasn’t available it would go to my ionic but that didn’t work either. Thanks anyway 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having more fun trying to trouble shoot the Ionic than I would have if it was perfect!  Maybe it's the brand of headphone.  The 2 I removed had a poor quality sound.  The one I kept actually says, "Headphones connected"  seconds after I turn it on and the music starts to play.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow I didnt realise the should connent automatically! I have flyers and the old ones never xonnected automatically. I now have a replacement pair (for another minor issue) and these connect as soon as I turn them on. I did t think it was odd withbthe first pair because I didnt realise it should just happen! I did find it a bit annoying though lol

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks Vern3535. I appreciate it. I tried that but no joy. What did work was having the ionic on the Pandora screen and then turning on the headphones. Of course it could have been a combination of both! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks MassiP! That worked! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t think it’s the headphones because I get the “Headphones connected.." message from my phone immediately

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just un-paired then re-paired the same headphones (which I had tried before) and that seemed to do the trick this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes