Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a fitbit ionic and the heart rate randomly stopped working. The light on the back wont blink and I powered it off and on twice and it still wont work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I turnred the heart rate off and then powered it off. Then i turned it back on then it worked. Thanks for your help

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Maybe do a factory reset and see if it works?

Best Answer
0 Votes

what is a factory reset and how do you do one

Best Answer

Go to settings / about scroll down and tap factory reset. If that does not fix it take it back to where you bought it. I am taking mine back to get replaced as my HR monitor is reading my heart incorrectly

Best Answer
0 Votes

thaank you

Best Answer

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I turnred the heart rate off and then powered it off. Then i turned it back on then it worked. Thanks for your help

Best Answer

Was the reading erratic?   I suspected the HR measure was off and did a side by side with a spare Blaze and the Blaze was flawless, but the ionic was scattered again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel that the ionic is correct so far
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was good for a while, last 30 days though, the resting HR is WAY off. When running or walking it’s accurate, but not when I’m at rest - I don’t know if that lines up with a firmware update or not?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My ionic has never given an accurate HR while exercising.  It's fine at rest, but as soon as I walk quickly or jog/run, it shoots up to 30-60 beats per minute over my actual hear rate. I have been calling support about this since November, but they just tell me to adjust the watch or turn the HR function on and off, which either doesn't work, or works for a brief time.  During my last call, the support person acknowledged a "bug" that the FitBit engineers are "working on", with no estimated fix date.  I suspect it just doesn't work.  They also said I can't return or exchange the watch because I bought it from Amazon (not off their Website), and I am past the 45 day return period.

I guess I have a $300 watch that monitors my steps.

Best Answer

Hi. While waiting for an official fix try this temporary fix I reported already a few times in this forum. Before starting your run, wet three fingers with water and rub your wrist skin for around 5 seconds, put your Ionic on making sure it is tight enough so that it doesn't move during your run. That's it. For me it works all the time. I already tried without water and most of the time the reading shoots up to 160 bpm especially at the beginning of the run and it eventually settles down after 10 to 15 minutes. So, I hope this will help you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there. 

I've actually had this issue a few times with the Ionic before, and have just noticed that my HR Optical light is off (and BPM reading is null).

Does anybody know why the Ionic does this? Just seems random and pretty silly why it would suddenly and very randomly just turn the LED off. A few restarts does fix this, but it's a pain! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you swipe to and select settings and make sure HR was toggled to "on?"

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up going the apple nike watch - got no where with the Ionic 😢

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yes buddy, it's always kept on and I don't normally have any issues. Just the occasional look down to see that the light is off. 

Fortunately, I don't have this problem often. Just annoying more than anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up swapping to the Apple Watch - a little sad to say but best thing I ever did

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you turn off the heart rate, or turn it on?

Best Answer
0 Votes