Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart monitor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was impressed with how accurate my surge was but my new ionic I'm concerned as my heart rate during exercise is reading way high.  any one else? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I'm having the same issue. I have a scosche rythym heart rate monitor that I put on yesterday while on the treadmill. walking-thats walking at 3mph my scosche was registering 100-115 bpm, which is what i believe it was. My Ionic was registering 165 bpm. I ran for a quarter mile and my scosche went as high as 164 when i was running 6mph. My Ionic was registering over 180! I'm finding the the ionic is all over the place with my heart rate and I dont even want to talk about how it tracks my sleep. I'm sleeping 6- 7 hours a night and it typically shows 3 - 4 hours a night.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do like the new sleep features and I had a little issues with the sleep however I think that was just wrist placement. But the issue with reading high while exercising is a problem I am hoping fit bit is listening. I may have to dump it and go back to the surge or try another brand as I gave mine away as a gift to a friend LOL. Another issue is I’ve been very proud that I’ve got my resting heartbeat consistently 48 to 50 beats a minute since I put on the iconic my resting heartbeat is slowly going up every day. Now it’s upper 50’s and it’s wrong

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Today my 5 mile run had my heart rate at an average of 170 with peaks at 197.  Been running for years and it usually averages in the 140's.  In the beginning of using ionic, it was peaking only at the beginning of exercise.  Today it peaked throughout the exercise.  Wearing it in the same place on my wrist as usual, three fingers above the wrist bone with a fairly snug fit.  It was a cold day today which I suppose could have had some affect but come on... 25% off??  That's a bit much.  My charge HR was much more consistent with heart rate.  Some resolution for this fairly expensive watch would be appreciated!!

Best Answer

Hi I’ve had a similar issue. Averaging 48- 50 bpm with the surge over 18 months but now at 58-60 with the ionic.

Was wondering if it was the joys of Xmas as I only got it a week before... will see how it goes this week as I’m back to normal with eating and exercising 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has now gone back down to 50 so all good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes