Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate, active minutes, calories, and MFP not working on Fitbit Ionc

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

BPM us currently not reading. This goes on and off.

Fitbit is not syncing active minutes but is showing up active day count. 

Calories are also not counting correctly during workout. They will pause for several minutes. 

This has happened on and off. 

I also cannot get it to sync with the MyFitnessPal app. 

All of these things are advertised and the reason I bought. Please advise on if this can be fixed or I should purchase a different fitness tracker

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SpencerK, hope you're doing great today! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Fitbit Ionic.

If you're having issues with your heart rate, take a look at this post to get some tips and recommendations for this. 

Last but not least, usually what I do is to compare my graph steps against active minutes. When the amount of active minutes increase is when you have a higher amount of steps in a short period of time. Let me explain this better, the step graph accounts the amount of steps for 15 minutes interval. So if you have more steps than you got with a regular walk you will achieve active minutes. So, take a moment to review your graph and if the amount of steps is lower and does not match with your active minute then is something else. Essentially, active minutes are a measurement of time spent doing activity that is more intense than regular walking. So, if you walked or have too many steps with high intensity you will awarded with active minutes.

Since your Fitbit tracks heart rate, I'd suggest taking a look at "When and how is heart rate used to calculate calories burned?" post for further information.

Also, don't forget that trackers with heart-rate sensing do a better job of recognizing active minutes for non-step-based activities, such as weight lifting, strenuous yoga, and rowing. Smiley Very Happy

In regards to MyFitnessPal, it would be great if you check this information about this third-party app. I'm sure this will explain some questions you may have at the moment. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I appreciate the answer but this isn't really helpful at all.

I know the ins and outs of what heart rate is.  The point is the tracker is not tracking my heart rate.  Unless I have beat Lance Armstrong and my resting heart rate is now _ _.

The active minutes are not consistently being tracked and haven't been tracked at all over the last 3 days.  It is showing up under Days I have worked out, but the minutes are not being calculated on the phone.  I lift every day as well as walk on a treadmill or elliptical.  None of that is being tracked in the active minutes.  But they are showing up under Active days.  The problem is something to do with the Fitbit, not by my workout.  The Fitbit is partially capturing this.

I have already tried that multiple times for MyFitnessPal.  I can live with it not syncing as long as the above items actually work.

Please adivise.

Best Answer