Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate and step counter inconvenients

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the last 24 hours my Ionic has just gone crazy . Firstly, the step counter and heart rate monitor froze. After both :

Deleting the Iconic and reinstalling - three times

Deleting the app - twice

Switching Bluetooth off and on several times

The doing a factory reset

The nett result was no heart rate monitor and step counter that just never stopped.

I've used Fitbits for over two year but have to say my Ionic experience has been a nightmare with my having two in just 4 months - both with different faults . Considering my initial outlay was £300 this is really frustrating. PLEASE can somebody help me to correct this latest problem as if not, it will be going back to the shop with me swapping it for a product less erratic. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity   

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey there @petermh! I appreciate the details and troubleshoot that you've mentioned. There is an existing thread about users that had issues with the step counter when the Ionic was charging or not being worn. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already had a case with them, please continue the communication via email so they can provide you with options. 

Thanks for participating in the forums. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any other question. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have a slightly different issue... my ionic, which I recently purchased is acting up.. my steps counter has gone crazy and it's showing 27K steps just for today... I wish I could do all that steps... I have done the shutdown process and started it back on... nothing changed...

Best Answer
0 Votes