Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate monitoring on screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently was given an Ionic.

Is there some way that the heart rate numbers can be set to be seen on the screen all the time when running, like the distance meter when the GPS is on?  Secondly, can the Ionic be set to set out a audible or physical alert when the heart rate crosses a preset number.

Many thanks for any replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Baldrunningman, the answer to your first question is "yes" -- go to your run settings on the watch and choose "always on" .  Also in the run settings you will find "customize stats" where you can choose which information is displayed on the screen.  

You can swipe left on the watch to display different info and the watch will show the stat you choose until you swipe again to change.

The answer to your second question is "no".  There is not an alert you can set for heartrate zones, etc.  You might want to vote for this popular feature request.  It refers specifically to Charge HR and Surge, but if implemented it would certainly apply to the Ionic.  You also might want to vote for this request specific to the Ionic.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I recently was given an Ionic.

Is there some way that the heart rate numbers can be set to be seen on the screen all the time when running, like the distance meter when the GPS is on?  Secondly, can the Ionic be set to set out a audible or physical alert when the heart rate crosses a preset number.

Many thanks for any replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Baldrunningman, the answer to your first question is "yes" -- go to your run settings on the watch and choose "always on" .  Also in the run settings you will find "customize stats" where you can choose which information is displayed on the screen.  

You can swipe left on the watch to display different info and the watch will show the stat you choose until you swipe again to change.

The answer to your second question is "no".  There is not an alert you can set for heartrate zones, etc.  You might want to vote for this popular feature request.  It refers specifically to Charge HR and Surge, but if implemented it would certainly apply to the Ionic.  You also might want to vote for this request specific to the Ionic.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Julia_G thank you for the info re setup of my Ionic.

And as your reply suggested I have voted and posted about the popular feature request.

Another question without notice: is there some way to get rid of the info displayed in the middle of the screen when in GPS and running mode - is it the GPS minutes and seconds info? Can that be removed and other info installed/

Regards and thanks again

Baldrunningman
Best Answer
0 Votes