Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not working and battery draining quickly-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

the heart rate sensor of my Fitbit Ionic suddenly stopped working. The LEDs do not work anymore, and heart rate is not recorded. Also the battery is drained in under 1 day. In practice the unit has malfunctioned in a way that makes it unusable after under 4 years of use. I am deeply disappointed in the poor quality experience of such an expensive product - I hope you have improved your quality standards and lifetime testing of your products since.

I have tried all of the steps mentioned here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-heart-rate-sensor-not-working/td-p/3049450 but none of those solve the problem for me. For example I did a full factory reset, but it did not help. Is there anything to do? I like the Fitbit App and there is a lot of meaningful data for me - so I do have a threshold of changing to a better quality fitness smart watch, and I have seriously started to study alternatives beyond Fitbit. I can't live with these kinds of quality issues (also had significant problems with my previous Fitbit Surge warranting numerous replacements during the warranty period).

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Update 8.2.2022: Warranty is over, so there is nothing to do. Other customers considering Fitbit please take into account potentially poor lifetime. For me 100% failure rate for the Surge within the warranty period with several replacement units and now with the Ionic after 3 years and 8 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @JLy_Fin.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services.

To extend the Fitbit device's battery life, we recommend following these instructions. However, the best way to get help for the problem you are experiencing is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer