Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate sensor very bright - Draining battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for about 2.5 years and a few days ago the heart rate monitor is VERY BRIGHT and it drains my battery very fast. I tried reseting it multiple times but it is still the same. Has anyone ever had this problem and what can I do to fix it? I've had a replacement about 1yr ago and had no problems until now. I am thinking I possibly need to change the battery?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @DarnelleB, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. Since the restart process didn't resolve your issue, I recommend you to try our factory reset following the next steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RicardoFitbit I did the reset with the steps indicated above. However, now I am getting a black screen with the message "Data not cleared Sync & try again". However the Pulse Ox light is not as bright as before. Any tips?

IMG_3810.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply is appreciated @DarnelleB.

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post. Your Ionic is displaying that message because the firmware update process wasn't completed. That said, I recommend you to learn more about how to update the firmware version of your Fitbit device with the information that's specified on this help article. Then, please move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.  

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes