Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart recovery rate for Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The heart recovery rate is the top indicator of the level of fitness and heart health.   This feature should be standard on any of the FitBit high-end products.

This can be easily incorporated into the Ionic as it already has a heart monitor on board.

The feature should be activated by pressing a button (any of the buttons would do) the moment the exercise activity ends.  It should then monitor the recovery heart rate within 60 seconds and give out a reading.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @alex-w. I searched the New Feature Suggestion forum and learned that Fitbit has no plans at this time to incorporate heart recovery rate into their products. You can read more by tapping here. Looking at it again, I see you were the one who submitted the suggestion. That forum is really the best place to post suggestions as that is where Fitbit gages interest in a new suggestion. 

Best Answer

I agree. I am amazed, astounded and gobsmacked that Fitbit watches, especially the Ionic, do not measure heart rate recovery.  It beggars belief. They seem to track every other body vital  and exercise except that one.  I am almost tempted to learn how to program and build an app for that specifically.  Come on Fitbit, it’s not that difficult. 

Best Answer
0 Votes