Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help running exercise mode with gps bug

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

263646D9-7B60-407A-BBC9-EEFA6385DE4A.jpeg

Not sure if it’s just me not knowing how to use my ionic or it’s  a bug but it won’t  let me end the run exercise. I used the auto gps tracking when I started running . I’ve clicked every possibles combinations on the three buttons it has. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

image.jpg

I ran 4 timescale with ionic. 1st time it has happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So. finally resorted to calling customer service. So this was indeed a weird bug that happens. If it does happen to you. Just simply do a hard reset on your fitbit watch. This can be done by holding the left button and the right lower button. the ionic has been a very frustrating early experience.

Best Answer

I am having this problem too, and it happens every time my Fitbit auto detects a run. It doesn't happen if I start the activity manually.  Other than doing a hard reset every time, is there any way to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Diglett wrote:

I am having this problem too, and it happens every time my Fitbit auto detects a run. It doesn't happen if I start the activity manually.  Other than doing a hard reset every time, is there any way to fix it?

The thing about using Auto-Detect for runs is the distance and track will almost always be off.  Why?  Because it take a while for the software to determine you're running, and then another period while the GPS tracking synchs up with the satellites.  Better by far you start Run mode manually, wait for the satellites to synch up, and then start the actual run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been manually starting my runs and today this same crap happened to me.  45 minutes in to a run GPS was stuck 'connecting', and then paused the clock timer itself!  It's time for Fitbit to fix this and now.  We should all get some kind of money back or coupon or something, because this watch was not ready for sale.

Let me guess...do a reset????  Hey fitbit, should I do a reset?  How about a reset again?  Reset this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KingChristos, before you started your run did you wait for the satellite connection to finish?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ummm yes, which is why it tracked for the first 45minutes.  I've tracked other runs fine so I know that it wasn't me IT WAS THE WATCH.  Of course like everyone else on this forum I had long since given up on the auto-run feature which doesn't work...  Perhaps you can give me some of the hours back I spent dinking around with trying to get a couple of songs on the watch?  I'll do a HARD RESET and get back to you...

Best Answer
0 Votes