Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly activity goal for the day missing one hour of activity-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello there,

This has happened a few times, and today it frustrated me, so I am posting this to hopefully find out why? I took pictures to show everyone what I am talking about. However, it doesn't appear that you can add photos to these posts. So I have uploaded the screenshots to my website and posted links. Hopefully those work, if not the individual URLs will have to be copied and pasted into your browser to view them.

Photo of my Fitbit Ionic Screen (https://goo.gl/hGRpbb)

Screenshot from Fitbit App (https://goo.gl/TVLzxH)

So today I went for a 3km walk and I worked outside today where I was walking as well. I noticed at 3:10pm that I had obtained 7 of 8 hours toward my hourly 250 step goal. My Fitbit was almost dead at that point. I drove home from work and arrived shortly after 4pm. I immediately plugged in my Fitbit for a few minutes. At 4:25pm I unplugged my Fitbit where it showed a battery power of 19%. I put my Fitbit back on my arm and proceeded to walk around my house to get my 250 steps for my last hour of the day. I infact walked approximately 500 steps to make sure I got my all day goal achieved. I felt my Fitbit buzz and I reached my 8 out of 8 hour 250 step goal. I proceeded to sync with my phone where it showed that I had reached my 8 hour goal as well. I even clicked on the box where the 250 step goal is to see my progressive history and saw the star on the history grid.

Thinking I had reached my goal and all was well I plugged my Fitbit back in to complete the charge to 100%. Before further charging it again the battery had dropped to 18%. Later on at 6:05pm I put my Fitbit back on my wrist because it was fully charged and I synced my Fitbit with the app and to my shock the app had regressed to show that I MISSED my final hour of my 250 step goal!!! Yet my Fitbit watch still says I achieved it. I hate it when that happens because there is no way to go an manually fix it to say that I infact obtained that goal.

I know it something silly. Like who cares you missed your goal for the day, I know in my head that I completed it. Yet a year from know when I look back to see how many times I obtained my daily 250 stepping goal I'll see all these missed days and some will be real, while others will be situations where I obtained the goal yet the app failed to register it.

Is there a fix? If not there needs to be because this is frustrating.

Graphic Jedi

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @GraphicJedi I'm not going to read your novel. this is a know problem for some users. Not sure which of the 4 version of the Fitbit app your using. but letslelook at Fitbit com and chexkcejat is displayed their. 

As for as adding posts see here. Screenshot_20180310-202101.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit records one total hours walked and the app shows less. Very frustrating not to get credit for the total hours completing the steps. So far am disappointed in the 3 model. Have no idea how to correct it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the board @GSWZ

Have you checked the active hours on the website dashboard? This is the best place to check if your getting credit. 

Also with 4 different Fitbit Apps which phone OS do you have..

This was an issue with the Android app over a year ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have and that is not where it is recording. I do not have an Android. Have an I phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was asking to check the Web page, through the web browser, since the post specifically mentioned the Fitbit App was incorrect will no mention of what was displayed on the website.

So your saying on the web based dashboard the data is correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No that was not recorded. The watch was correct the web based site was not

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have a Ch 4 rather than an Ionic but I’m also having an issue with the app and website not recording an hour where I did 250 steps and the device accurately recorded that I did the steps. It doesn’t happen every day, it isn’t at the same time every day, and it’s not due to me finishing the steps too close to the hour change. It’s not due to the battery on my device being low either. I suspect a problem with the app.

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer 

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes