Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I erase my personal data on my Ionic if the screen is unresponsive?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently my Ionic died, it was on charge over night and in when I went to get it the screen was dead.  It now just sometimes displays dim sliver/grey vertical streaks when first connected to a charger.

I've tried the three-button reset but that does nothing, it doesn't even vibrate - I thought it may just be a broken screen, but it seems completely unresponsive.  The rear green sensor is not illuminated and it does not communicate with my phone.

I'm thinking of trying to sell it, along with the accessories, but wondered if there is the potential for anyone to extract any personal data off it if they know what they are doing and can gain access to it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It should be ok. All your personal data (email, date of birth etc) is held on the Fitbit servers rather than the tracker so even if they were able to access the Ionic's data, all they could get would be tracking stats (steps, distance, floors etc) for the current day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

It should be ok. All your personal data (email, date of birth etc) is held on the Fitbit servers rather than the tracker so even if they were able to access the Ionic's data, all they could get would be tracking stats (steps, distance, floors etc) for the current day.

Best Answer

OK, that should be fine then.  Thanks for your help Steve.

Best Answer
0 Votes