Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my Ionic to sync on a daily basis?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I get my ionic to sync on a daily basis. Currently it hasn't updated the sync since April 12 consequently my weekly update number are horrible.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately you don’t say what phone, os, or what steps you’ve tried to rectify the problem, or even whether you’ve read any of the similar threads. As a starter though, try resetting your Ionic, by pressing the bottom right and left buttons together for approx ten seconds, until the screen blacks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Rex1973, hope you're doing great! Smiley Very Happy If your device is paired to the Fitbit app, it syncs every time you open the app. If you turn on All-Day sync it also syncs periodically throughout the day. 

To manually sync your device, with your device nearby, open the Fitbit app and find the picture of your device on the Fitbit app dashboard. Touch the picture of your Fitbit device at the top of the screen and pull down.

We recommend that you sync your tracker or watch daily. Most Fitbit devices record detailed minute-by-minute data for seven days. Fitbit devices can store daily totals for up to 30 days.

If you're having syncing issues, I'd recommend restarting your Fitbit Ionic as my friend @SunsetRunner suggested. If the issue persists, carefully review the requirements below and move on to the troubleshooting steps if needed:

• The Bluetooth setting on your phone is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • Your software on your phone is up to date. To check, tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • You have location services turned on and the Fitbit app has permission to access your location. For more information see, Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services?
  • If you use more than one device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. 
  • Your phone isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app for Android interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • Your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.
  • The firmware on your Fitbit device is up to date. 

Depending your Android device, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

If those steps don't work, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. Restart your Ionic once more by following these steps
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

In addition to the weekly report, please keep in mind that our system submits weekly report totals between Sunday night (11:59P) and early Monday morning. In order for our system to generate a complete week’s worth of data in a weekly report, the tracker must sync by Sunday night or early Monday morning to be included in the weekly report. Reports are sent out Mondays and continue through Tuesday of every week.

Give this a go and let us know the outcome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer