Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come my resting hr calculation doesn't use the resting hr data?? 63??

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Image-1.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@doctorsven, I am not sure what you are asking. The chart does not show anything related to not measuring the RHR that I can see.  Can you explain in more detail what the problem is?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Larry, I thought the resting heart rate was calculated from the sleep data. The graph shows my heart rate averaged in the 50s but the rhr shown to me is 63. Am I understanding the rhr number wrong? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@doctorsven, check out this Fitbit Help Article on heart rate calculations:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1565/?q=resting+heart+rate&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1...

"Resting heart rate refers to the heart rate measured when you’re awake, calm, comfortable, and have not recently exerted yourself. We use your heart rate data from when you’re awake and asleep to estimate your resting heart rate. For best accuracy, wear your device to sleep."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Larry,

Right, but I only wear it for sleeping. You’d think the stat would average...something. But it’s clearly not averaging anything. Seems to be taking the moment or minute I rise from bed, instead of averaging my heart rate...at rest. Ya know?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@doctorsvenI'm definitely convinced that the RHR is calculated as Fitbit tell us.. I wear my Ionic 24/7.... I'm not sure what their algorithms would do if you don't wear the wrist  type Fitbit during the day..

A few months ago I started plotting sleep average HR because my doctor was away and my BP spiked so I thought a second doctor's opinion wouldn't go astray. Smiley Sad It was a calcium blocker and it locked my calf muscles, headaches and tingles down the arms..  I could only walk about 70 yards. We took me off that  in 10 days..BP settled and cardio check.. All OK..

Because I know my Fitbits are accurate with RHR I decided to record the affect. My "real" doctor and physio were involved as well.  Took 2 months to get the affect of the meds out of my body and then a progressive increase in walking.  Here are the results including summer temperatures.

The second image is last nights sleep including toilet breaks.  The HR does creep down to 43bpm

sleeping hr 19feb18.png

sleeping hr 19feb18 b.png

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Colin, Anyone!,

Please look at the graph..the numbers don't come near 63 for most of the period its measuring. It makes no sense. Could it be just that my watch is broken? I really want to believe in the RHR stat, but based on these data, its certainly not computing the RHR statistic from my resting heart rate. Someone please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@doctorsven, if you are not wearing the fitness tracker during activity/exercise/etc., and just wearing it for sleeping, it will never accurately calculate your RHR.  If you only purchased the tracker for only recording your sleep, that is all it will do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Larry,

Thanks, ok, I will give it a solid week of wearing 24 hours daily and give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion!

Best Answer
0 Votes