Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add cross country skiing, rowing, shoveling to ap/ionic exercise shortcut ?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I add rowing, cross country skiing, and snow shoveling to the "exercise shortcuts" on the Ionic / phone ap?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'd be great to be able to add any exercise to the ionic, though only the following can be added:

Run
Walk
Bike
Swim
Treadmill
Weights
Workout
Interval Workout
Elliptical
Hike
Golf
Stairclimber
Tennis
Spinning
Yoga
Bootcamp
Circuit Training
Kickboxing
Martial Arts
Pilates

You can check which one is similar, and add it to your ionic from the device settings page at https://www.fitbit.com/settings/device (then clicking on the ionic), and edition the exercise shortcuts.

You can also manually log those activities.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BelgianJoeI use the Ionic preset Workout for those activities that GPS isn't an issue because it doesn't have the GPS option.  I then rename the activity to match what I was doing.  Of course if you don't want GPS you can use Workout for snow skiing.

The downside is you must create the names of the Custom Activities on your PC first..if you want to rename the Workout on your phone..  Or .... if you rename Workout on the PC it will prompt for a Custom Activity name if the name doesn't exist and that name will be available on the phone.

Smiley FrustratedYou only have one go at renaming...

wrote:

How do I add rowing, cross country skiing, and snow shoveling to the "exercise shortcuts" on the Ionic / phone ap?

Thank you in advance.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes