Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get bedtime reminder on the Ionic device and not only on the Fitbit app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to get sleep notification on Charge2. I have upgraded to Ionic and the sleep notification on the device is not working. I only receive them on my phone. Any help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back and providing me with more info @Jongeso! Well, you get bedtime reminders on the Alta HR and Charge 2 devices only. Otherwise, you'll receive a push notification on the phone paired with your Fitbit device. 

I'd recommend checking out our Feature Suggestion Board if you haven't already. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review.

I'd also recommend up-voting and commenting on Sleep reminder on Ionic feature suggestion since it is very similar of what you're looking and asking for.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jongeso!  What do you mean by "Sleep Notifications"? Are you talking about the bedtime reminder? Setting a bedtime reminder can help you maintain a consistent sleep schedule by prompting you to unwind at night. You can choose to set a bedtime reminder without setting a bedtime target. For step-by-step instructions for setting a bedtime reminder, see How do I track my sleep? 

Or are you talking about the bedtime and wake-up time targets? For instructions on how to set, change, or remove a bedtime or wake-up time target, choose your device below:

Fitbit app for iOS and Android:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap the gear icon in the top right.
  3. Set or edit your targets. To remove a target, tap the three dots in the top right.
  4. Tap Done.

Fitbit app for Windows 10

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap or click the moon icon on the bottom.
  3. Set or edit your targets. To remove a target, tap the three dots in the bottom right. 
  4. Tap Save.

If you're talking about not getting sleep stages, one thing I recommend is switching your heart rate setting to 'On' instead of 'Auto.' If the heart rate setting is set to 'On' your heart rate will always be active. Keep in mind that you need to record heart rate to calculate sleep stages. If you were to turn off heart rate, your sleep logs will go back to the classic style.

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

Also, please take a look at all the requirements for receiving sleeping stages in this post

If I didn't get your question clearly, please give me more details about the sleep notifications so I can go from there. 

I'll be around! Woman Very Happy 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I mean that I don't receive bedtime reminders on my ionic device. I was getting them on charge2. I have done all the settings and updates required.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and providing me with more info @Jongeso! Well, you get bedtime reminders on the Alta HR and Charge 2 devices only. Otherwise, you'll receive a push notification on the phone paired with your Fitbit device. 

I'd recommend checking out our Feature Suggestion Board if you haven't already. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review.

I'd also recommend up-voting and commenting on Sleep reminder on Ionic feature suggestion since it is very similar of what you're looking and asking for.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes