Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you upload music onto your Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just can't work out how to do this.  If I clicked on the Music icon and Transfer Music, it says I am not on wifi but my Ionic works off Bluetooth so why would I need to be on wifi and how would I do this?  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Essgee, it's nice to see you again participating in the Fitbit Community Forums, welcome back! It's a pleasure for me to help you with your inquiry.

With the Music app on your Fitbit Ionic or Fitbit Versa, you can store and play several hours worth of your favorite songs and podcasts right on your wrist. After you download playlists to your watch, connect Bluetooth headphones or another audio device to listen to your tracks. 

To download music and podcasts to your watch, create at least 1 playlist of songs or podcasts in iTunes or Windows Media Player to download to your watch. If you use the Fitbit app on Windows 10, you can also create playlists in the Fitbit Music app using the drag-and-drop feature to add individual tracks. For more information and details, please check: How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch?

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure how many times I've followed these instructions, it just doesn't work. I've done a factory reset on my Ionic multiple times. Deleted and installed the Fitbit app on my iphone and PC several times.Verified that I'm using a 2.4GHz wirelesss connection, etc...  I've been able to perform updates and everything else, but it won't find my watch when I try the music transfer. I've tried this now on 3 different pcs, and it just won't find my device to transfer even when I'm paired.  Having music on my watch would be great as I could leave my phone behind. I've seen so many people post and complain about how complicated and inefficient it is to copy music over that I think it would have been addressed by now. Almost all the responses are to redirect people to the same page. Not sure why a drag and drop capability doesn't exist when my iconic is connected via the charger.  This is my 3rd fitbit device and it will be my last.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums, I'm happy to assist you today. Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for taking into consideration the information that was shared on my previous post, totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting are appreciated. Just to move forward with you, can you please let me know if the steps that are specified on: Why can't I download music and podcasts to my Fitbit watch? were already tried? 

Please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes