Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it take for me to receive my refund?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am now a college student and also the person in charge of the age group. In 2019, my classmates and I purchased the Fitbit ionic and used it for our daily use.
Fitbit officially issued an announcement in February 2022, saying that the Fitbit Ionic smart watch would be recalled and refunded because it may cause burns.
I received an email notification from fitbit in March 2022. Considering the personal safety of myself and my classmates, I notified my classmates to make a refund together. With their permission, I registered the recall through my Fitbit account and received the refund.
So I registered the recall through the recall website they provided. Fitbit promises refunds within 3-6 weeks. During the period when I did not receive a refund, I have been communicating with Fitbit customer service through emails and phone calls. But Fitbit kept asking me to wait patiently, saying that their relevant departments were still reviewing my refund. And no clear refund date is guaranteed.
But in October 2022, I only received a partial refund, and I still have not received a part of the refund.
In June 2023, Fitbit said it could not verify my refund eligibility and refused the remainder of my refund. During this period, I contacted Fitbit again, and Fitbit asked me to provide proof of purchase, otherwise my refund case would be closed. After I provided the relevant purchase proof, Fitbit still refused my refund and determined that I was not a consumer and made an illegal claim. I asked Fitbit to provide proof that I am not a consumer, but Fitbit has not responded to my request. and closed my chargeback case.
Currently, Fitbit has blacklisted me and I cannot contact Fitbit through normal channels.
This is weird, why did I get a refund last year if I wasn't a consumer and was making an illegal claim? Fitbit didn't explain this to me.
And when Fitbit said it could not verify my refund eligibility and asked me to provide proof of purchase, Fitbit said it was following Fitbit's refund process and policy. However, these requirements and policies are not clearly displayed on their refund website, and there is no refund process and policy stated by Fitbit anywhere on the Fitbit website. Therefore, Fitbit is setting up hidden terms to achieve the purpose of refusing refunds.
I found in the forum on the Fitbit website and other social media that there are many consumers who, like me, have not received refunds. And they also waited a long time. I think fitbit is defrauding consumers because fitbit asked me to destroy the ionic according to the requirements of my local agency after registering the recall so that the ionic will not cause burn risks and Guaranteed no further use. I did this according to fitbit's instructions because fitbit had promised not to refuse refunds. But now Fitbit refuses to refund me after I have destroyed my ionic. Fitbit has caused losses to my property!
I applied for a refund in full compliance with Fitbit’s recall guidelines and legally applied for a refund on behalf of the students who had not received their refunds. While waiting for the refund, I proactively contacted Fitbit and asked for more detailed refund instructions. I guarantee that there will be no illegal claims during the refund process. Now Fitbit's processing results are obviously not in line with my expectations for a refund. Fitbit has violated the original intention of the recall and induced me to destroy my property.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Cn-hao  not sure if you've seen all the various posts from Fitbit Moderators, but here is one that might help you.

"As you were told, the discount offers for the Fitbit Ionic device ended on October 31, 2023. However, you can still get a refund if you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device. To request a refund, please visit our website and follow the instructions on the refund page."

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes