Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Fitbit Ionic's language?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I change language setting ?I want English language but now it is Chinese language 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Perpledd.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to advise that the language in the Fitbit app depends on the language on your phone. For more information, see How do I change my language on Fitbit? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Change it in your personal settings here

Best Answer
thank you very much. much appreciated.
Best Answer

I have changed the language but it switches back to Chinese.  I am wondering if it has to do with location services.  I set my location to USA (to get the English), but I live in China. I set up my Versa watch last night and when I added another Wifi, then it switched to Chinese. How can I keep the Versa watch in English 100% of the time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out.  First, on the app, you need make sure the location is NOT set to auto.  Then make it the country/language that you prefer - although I live in China, I put the USA as my location so my Versa will have American English.  I also went into to my iPhone settings and deselected the location access. So far so good.

Best Answer

I have been looking for the Advanced setting everywhere to change the language on my watch. The Fitbit app was in English and my watch was in Spanish.  

I can't believe I had to find it not on my watch... Not on the app... But on my fitbit personal settings on my profile on the fitbit web site,  like the thread instructed. It seems unnecessarily hard.  I was able to do it though so the thread explanation is right 

Best Answer

None of the methods above have worked for me. The app suddenly changed from English to my native language Norwegian a few days ago - or that is, some strange version of Norwegian. I am glad I had already had the app in English for a couple of years, or I would hardly have understood it now. 

Best Answer
I still have the app in English and the watch in Spanish, which is my first language. But I would rather have both in English. I never could change the language.
Otherwise it works fine. Although sometimes it the watch and app don't connect with each other.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't work for me. My app is also stuck on Chinese for some reason. When I filed out the form thing and presses submit and opened my Fitbit app, nothing happened. It was still on Chinese. I tried a couple more times but still nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Perpledd.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to advise that the language in the Fitbit app depends on the language on your phone. For more information, see How do I change my language on Fitbit? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you. It sorted it out fir me 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t want to switch the language on my entire phone, just on my fitbit (versa 4) and the only reason for this is that the translation you have for my language is crap. So, how do I change the language to english? (I’ve changed in on my account, i’ve changed it in the app and turned off automatic location and typed in USA) but it’s still not in english

Best Answer

So to change the language of the device, you need to go to the app settings and that won't change the app's language!? Who designed that?

Best Answer
0 Votes