Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correctly use my Ionic on specific sports

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey,

I've been using my Ionic for some time now and overall, I'm happy. The only problem I have with it is when doing specific sports: ice hockey, dek hockey, generic sporting activity (like kayak). When doing those, I don't know how to use my watch efficiently. 

For example, tonight I played dek hockey for about one hour. I was expecting my watch to auto track the activity, but after it, it didn't register. Yes calories, steps and "activity time" was recorded, but not link to a specific exercice. So we were checking our stats (some have other manufacturer watchs) and I was not able to tel how much my hockey game burned calories, did steps, etc.

I've experienced the same when doing ice hockey and a 30 min slow kayak ride. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that my watch cannot auto track those, but if there is a work-around, I'll be really happy to try it.

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Use workout mode on your device and when it syncs you can rename it. Might have to set up some personal exercises.

Smart track is not good for picking up things that are not step based

You can set up 7 exercise shortcuts that will appear on your watch.  do not know if any of these are listed.

The manual is here and read about tracking exercise

https://help.fitbit.com/?p=ionic Its at the top of the page

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Use workout mode on your device and when it syncs you can rename it. Might have to set up some personal exercises.

Smart track is not good for picking up things that are not step based

You can set up 7 exercise shortcuts that will appear on your watch.  do not know if any of these are listed.

The manual is here and read about tracking exercise

https://help.fitbit.com/?p=ionic Its at the top of the page

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi Wendy,

thanks for your answer! Ok, I'll try that. I've read around and can you confirm me that stats aren't calculated based on the type of exercice when not step based, but using steps, heart rate? In short, using "Workout" and renaming it "Hockey" won't affect the stats?

Thanks a lot!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It should not effect the stats. But really only you can say as I don't do these types of exercise

Community Council Member

Best Answer