Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer new Coach workouts to Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Coach has been released.

Does anyone know how can I transfer new workout programmes to my Ionic watch?

Do I need to have a premium account for that?

Can I add more FREE workouts to the watch?

Thanks!

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Would be nice to know, I paid and hope that i can transfer the ones I want otherwise I'll unsubscribe I don't want to take my phone with me.

Best Answer

It is a bit disappointing. I hope Fitbit admins can hint when may we expect this feature to become available...

Best Answer

@RuslanM wrote:

It is a bit disappointing. I hope Fitbit admins can hint when may we expect this feature to become available...

I’m going to guess that the Coach on Ionic and Fitbit Coach on iOS wont talk to each other. So you will get basic bits on Ionic and all the premium stuff on iOS. 

Best Answer

i just did a walking workout on my phone using the coach premium app, during the activity no data (hr, pace, distance, ...) was shown on my ionic -  i hope this is a setup mistake - i seriously hope that i won't have to run a walk activity on my ionic in parallel to my coach workout just to see stats - that would be really pathetic - and an coach app killer for me

on the plus side, at least it does sync the activity to your fitbit app

for the annual subscription charge all i got is a red bull caffeine infused, preppy, airhead voice telling me i'm superman, that i have superpowers, that the energy bursting from my chest is lighting up everyone around me and that my cape looks better when i'm standing straight, and that everyone else must be noticing how awesome i am, it was mind numbingly sickening

i will try the guy coach later today to see if he spews the same nonsense

i was looking for a fitness coach that would help me get back into sports, that would progress with me  and give me pointers on how to execute the exercises correctly (which the voice actually does and i find great)

i find that an algorithm giving you self esteem and confidence coaching is nonsense, its utter fakeness, stupidity and superficiality irritated me the whole workout - to the point i'm considering switching back to garmin despite having bought the ionic recently and having taken a year's subscription to the coach - you would have to be desperately needy and desperate for external affirmation to enjoy this

i hope they introduce an intelligent and adult vulcan coach that focuses on fitness

Best Answer

Hey Admins,

Why did you delete an honest feedback of a Fitbit Coach user?

I think it is important to listen to the feedback of the users to make products better. A deeper integration between Ionic, Ionic Coach, Fitbit, and Fitbit Coach is something users would like to have. This is the future of fitness, this is the reason many people have bought Ionic, as personalised coaching through the Coach app was advertised.

I believe Fitbit is positioned to creating a unique combination of a heart rate/recovery feedback based coaching solution, this may give the company a unique competitive advantage in the industry. Therefore, please consider the feedback that was provided by Olivier._.

Best Answer

It tracks heart rate from your watch during your exercise and combines the information from your coaching session on the server where you can view on web or phone app.

Exercises to the watch I believe are coming sometime in 2018 from what I recall.  I’m not sure if that is the personalized coaching sessions or the other workout programs.

Best Answer

thank you again 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello,

thank you for your message, 

out of principle i disagree with corporate cultures that delete feedback rather than acknowledging shortcomings, and offering a considered reply to manage expectations,

it's generally a short term knee jerk reaction to a medium to long term problem and indicative of a corporate culture that is more profit driven than customer driven (despite what marketing campaigns try to project)

i try to give my honest and upfront feedback, albeit maybe not neutrally enough, just answering that further integration was the plan and that further integration would be fixed by such or such date would have been enough for me

it's not the moderator's fault, Fitbit Corp HQ must be entirely aware of its flagship product's and app's shortcomings - but cash now fix later has become the tech industry standard, Fitbit is no different than any other market player in that sense

oddly enough, my comment here was removed, but i posted a shorter/cleaner version as a new thread and that is still up it would seem

i will be shelving my (very large number) of fitbit products and may revisit them next year when they function as a normal person would expect them to

given the censorship issues/culture in this forum i also will no longer post or reply

Best Answer

Keep posting. I believe Fitbit is aware of the issues, but probably they have limited resources to fix all of them at once.

Let's just do workouts with our watches and hope that in some months we will be rewarded with software updates for giving suggestions on the improvement of the products. 🙂

Best Answer

thank you, 

just switched to another platform,

i won't be returning soon

bye

Best Answer

There is no censorship issue happening on this forum. You edited your comment and the system likely had to delete and upload your edited comment.

Fitstar was rebranded as Fitbit Coach two days ago. Fitbit Coach and Ionic integration is supposed to go live this Fall. Right now, there's no integration between the two... Not sure what gave you the idea that you'd be able to do more than the basic three workouts currently on the Ionic. I am expecting that you'll be able to start a workout on Ionic and see your stats on the phone.

As for the voices, I have not used the female trainer and find the male trainer to be just fine. Haven't noticed anything cheesy like "you're superman and have superpowers" comments. I just do the workouts, view my stats, and see my improvements.

Not sure what your other platform will be able to do for you that the Ionic doesn't...

Best Answer

Still no date for the Ionic / Fitbit Coach integration....

Best Answer

@Olivier._. wrote:

thank you, 

just switched to another platform,

i won't be returning soon

bye

I come from the another platform(s) and I can say that what Fitbit has (in the works) no one has and to be more specific for those who don't know:

1. a very big community that plays a great role of motivating people to move, easy to make friends of your own fitness level

2. am great app that takes advantage of the big community with lots of challenges

3. Fitbit Coach app - something that no other platform has and it's a great to make you want to start moving and loose weight, or get fit, lean or simply workout more. It's easy to use, asking for feedback frequently to be able to asses your fitness level and gradually help you get better and better. I used only the male coach and I found his comments to be good, nothing exaggerated. If you have an Google Chromecast you can cast the videos to the TV, it's a lot easier to follow and a nice feature to have. At the end of the workout the results are entered in the Fitbit app, very nice.

4. Coach on the watch - I haven't used it yet, I find the Fitbit Coach app pretty good. It's a bit limited on the watch but it's to be expected given the fact that the watch was recently launched. I am sure they will developed it further in the near future.

5. The possibility of posting your progress and results in the Community area when people can Cheer and comment on your progress - this helps and motives a lot of people. For a lot of people (me included) loosing weight is very hard and every bit of help counts.

6. A watch with a simple and clean design that is easy to use and with enough features for a lot of people... yes, I know it's not perfect yet but so were all the other watches/bands launched but the other brands... in time things will be sorted out.

7. Good GPS performance. If you aren't happy with the Ionic tracking and you need to have the best tracking possible then try the Polar V800 and maybe the old Suunto Ambit 3... 

I've tested a lot of GPS watches in the last 5 years, I know the level of accuracy that most of the brands have and I find the Ionic to have good tracking.

Best Answer

To paraphrase your point and respond, cheerleading and STEP challenges don’t help those of us committed to fitness as a lifestyle and embracing cycling, swimming, and triathlons. My calendar is filled with 4k-7k step count days yet I workout over an hour a day on average. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbarrera wrote:

To paraphrase your point and respond, cheerleading and STEP challenges don’t help those of us committed to fitness as a lifestyle and embracing cycling, swimming, and triathlons. My calendar is filled with 4k-7k step count days yet I workout over an hour a day on average. 

In my opinion Fitbit  is not really for people like you (looking at it's products from the past years), and

until now (Ionic) Fitbit did not have any real gear for swimming and the current one is not up there with the competition in therms of features (to be able to recognize swimming styles, SWOLF score and so on). Ionic is not even an triathlon watch... you could maybe try to use it for triathlon, it might work somewhat but at it's current stage it's definitely not triathlon ready. 

People who are serious into cycling, swimming and triatlons like you said need more performance and precision from a watch,  so (as an example) a cheststrap is a must for many because the optical HR precision right now can't compete with a cheststrap... and none of the Fitbit watches or bands have a cheststrap.

Just to be clear : If you are into Fitbit ecosystem I assume you are here for a reason and you've chosen your device/platform accordingly... I can hardly imagine that someone who swims 10-20 miles every week is the kind of guy that's info Fitbit.... because it's simply not in the targeted audience for the Fitbit products.

Best Answer

Hey guys,

I just tried to transfer some free workouts to my Ionic watch, and I can't seem to even download the workouts to my phone. 😒 I don't get it? I don't want to have to pay for something I can't test out first.

And plus, I don't want to have to bring my phone to my workouts. The whole point, for me, of buying the watch was to actually stop brining the phone into the gym, and just concentrate on my workouts on my wrist.

Did anyone find out weather or not we could transfer more workouts to our Ionic watches?

Best Answer

I doubt you will ever be able to put full coach workouts on the ionic. I do hope the range of workouts on the watch increases. Coach is not set up to download and save workouts for later, just download and use at the time. Is this what you were referring to? If you dont want to pay for coach until you try it (fair enough too) I think there are a limited jumber of free workouts, but you can only get the full range by joining. I really like Coach bybthe way.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info.

What I meant was, they marketed the fitbit coach on Ionic watch as "your own personal trainer on your wrist" but they obviously didn't think trough how they will manage people paying for their workouts, and yet still being able to download workouts on their phones to be able to transfer them to their watches. I think, they should rethink the idea of monthly and annual payments, and switch to pay for a workout plan. Cause that way you would download the workout on your phone, and transfer it to your watch, where you actually want to use it from.

I think that they just didn't really think trough the whole "subscribshion plans" cause it just makes no sense for the product that doesn't have internet connection 24/7 to not be able to download content to be trandferable to the device it is intended to be used on in the first place.

Best Answer

Hello,

Is it possible for the Fitbit Coach workouts to be downloaded onto the Ionic watch?

I know in the past this has been impossible but just wondering if it is now possible.

I was looking on the website and the picture of the Ionic has different work outs on it than the 3 that come with it.

I don't want to pay the subscription only to have to bring my phone with me to the gym.

Thanks 

Best Answer