Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer new Coach workouts to Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Coach has been released.

Does anyone know how can I transfer new workout programmes to my Ionic watch?

Do I need to have a premium account for that?

Can I add more FREE workouts to the watch?

Thanks!

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

@TUCKERP No change, still only those preloaded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the subscription? Trying to decide which fitness watch to go for...

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would love more than 3

Best Answer

Absolutely agree Shanbeau. I don't know what it would take for Fitbit to implement this, but it's the biggest no-brainer feature to add at this point. Incredibly obvious and I would gladly sign up for the premium version if it enables this. Hell, I almost did, but thankfully I stopped and researched it a little more, coming across this thread. I'm holding off until I can add more workouts to my Ionic.

Best Answer

I am hoping Fitbit is working away at some sort of solution with adding the fitbit premium to the ionic.  I am not on here hating, but I am just a little surprised they lie about it in their marketing. I recently purchased and ionic and coach premium because their sales page does indeed say that you can use them together.  Clearly, this is not the case.  See the screenshot from the page I purchased coach premium on.  Shameful...

https://cl.ly/pRgo

It's possible this is an oversight, but it seems pretty clear to me that they are pitching the premium service right on the ionic.

Best Answer

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2256

Updated January 23rd 2018:

"Can I use the Fitbit Coach app on Ionic with my Fitstar Premium Membership?

At this time, the workouts available on Ionic are the 3 that come loaded on your watch."

Best Answer

I'm not believing! I changed my fitbit because of the coach option on the clock.

Best Answer

Has this changed?  I bought the Fitstar Premium Membership last year but the fact that you have to leave your phone on throughout the workouts is discouraging if you want to do them at the gym (audio queues are fine for me; I don't need to watch the video while I workout).  So I ordered the Versa believing (as it looks like many did with the Ionic) that there would be access to more content through the watch.  

Looking at the link that was posted, it currently says this:

"If you have a Premium Fitbit Coach account linked to your Fitbit account, you have 1 personalized workout and 4-6 recommended workouts on your watch."

Can anyone with an Ionic confirm this is true?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is updated now with Fitbit OS 2 and the updated Coach app. I have 1 personalized workout: Muscle Focus. And 6 recommended workouts: Legtastic, Cardio Kickoff (x2, not sure why), Traveler 10, Muscle Mix, 7-minute workout.

I was disappointed initially that we only had three workouts that we could not change but now it’s great! Fitbit Coach is worth it. I do wish Fitbit Coach had recommended/personalized meal plans like 8fit, but I think I read that it was coming later.

Julio
Best Answer

I just sent my Ionic back because fitbit coach premium did not work with it. The ionic only has like the 4 or 5 preinstalled workouts that can not be changed. It's unfortunate that the Ionic is so close to being awesome, but just falls short. It is a fantastic fitness watch. Just don't expect it to do much more than track fitness and play music.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You turned it in too soon! The personalized workout is based off the program that you signed up for and the recommended workouts are the ones on the fitbit coach dashboard. That’s seven total workouts for me.
Best Answer

So you can get a Coach workout with audio queues that plays from the Ionic without requiring a phone to be on nearby? 

@ho0lee0h wrote:
It is updated now with Fitbit OS 2 and the updated Coach app. I have 1 personalized workout: Muscle Focus. And 6 recommended workouts: Legtastic, Cardio Kickoff (x2, not sure why), Traveler 10, Muscle Mix, 7-minute workout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I bought the Ionic about 2 weeks ago.  I have the Fitbit Coach Premium membership.  What I have on my watch right now is basically what you see when you look at your dashboard in the Fitbit Coach app.  So I can use the same sessions and exercises without having my phone with me.  

There are no audio queues however.  The exercises basically have a short video demonstrating the exercise (and I use the term video loosely; it's really like 4 frames showing the different movements of the exercise) and you get vibration queues to let you know when to stop, etc.  

This is good enough for me for the exercises that I am already familiar with.  However, every once in awhile a new exercise is introduced that I am not as familiar, so it's helpful to watch the video on the phone and listen to the description.  For me right now, I'd say it's a 50-50 split if I'm going to use my watch or bring the phone when I do a Fitbit Coach workout, but at some point I'll probably replace the phone 100% with the watch for workouts.

Best Answer

Thats so disappointing. Audio queues seem like a no-brainer. Especially for pacing, etc. I had audio queues from my PALM PILOT wwaaaay back when with a wired headset and a greyscale user interface. I was hoping for much more from Fitbit with Coach and the Watch integrated. I'm not going to pay for a premium service to broadcast some animated GIFs they are going to have to do better. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would definitely sign up if there were more programs too. I am only just doing the update now. Will be disappointed if there’s no audio with the wireless headphones. 

Best Answer
0 Votes