Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 compatibility with Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi wondering if anyone has got the new HUAWEI P20 phone yet to see if its compatible with the fitbit IONIC, as I'm tempted

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65
I just couldn't get myself to not have the full use of a very expensive watch for the sake of a cheap, but descent, phone.  Oh well see if they ever update theur system to sort it out. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Does Fitbit not realize that Huawei is currently the 3rd biggest selling mobile phone device in the world?

I received my replacement Ionic Adidas today after getting water damage in my previous Ionic and now I am struggling my @ss off to set up the Ionic with my Huawei P9, which worked fine with the previous Ionic fyi (except when it came to software updates).

Come on Fitbit, you have a great product, but you need to keep up with the latest mobile devices otherwise you’re going to start losing more and more clients, because believe you me...even though you have a great product, there’s more than enough alternatives if you don’t get it together ASAP!

Best Answer

I have the huawei honor 6x and tethering like you suggested made it instantly sync, for now. It goes a day where it won't have issues syncing ad then just will refuse to sync once night time comes around. I've only had it three days and it's driving me crazy

*UPDATE* after 24 hours it refused to sync anymore and Bluetooth tethering alone would not work a second time like it had before

Best Answer

Does this still work for you? Because nothing is working for me. I have tried everything. 

Best Answer
Nothing works to connect ionic with p20, sadly.
I am using my Samsung tablet now and that works.
Best Answer
No I have given up and using my old Samsung now. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I’ve heard that it’s the processor they use now, there’s not many smart watches that will connect with the p20 etc which is very disappointing

Update: No apparently it’s the processor in the p20 etc, there seems to be a problem connecting to a lot of trackers it’s disappointing because I used to rely on it to alert me to calls etc

It’s so disappointing apparently it’s to do with the processor in the phone, I used to rely on the notifications to alert me to calls.

They really need to sort something, Huawei are great phones but does seem to have blue tooth issues which is a shame because I certainly can’t afford one of their own watches to alert me to calls etc

Sent from Mail.Ru app for iOS

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back everyone! Due to Bluetooth issues that prevent Huawei Lite models, including P8, P9, and P20 Lite, from syncing with some devices, like Fitbit devices, our products are not compatible with these mobile phones.

My sister owns a Huawei which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well):

1. Your phone must not be set to "visibile for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisible, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, Bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the Bluetooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If there any questions present, please let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Since I wrote my original comment, around 6pm the following day, again my ionic refuses to resync. I literally have to f*ck with the settings every day around 6pm and then it works for about 24 hours then gives up again and I'm scrambling to find something new to try because the original thing that made it work isn't enough to make it work again.

This time since turning on tethering didn't help alone, I force quit the Fitbit app, I reset my network settings, reconnected to the wifi, turned on the app, waited for it to load, turned Bluetooth on, then went back into my settings and turned the Bluetooth tethering back on and now it's syncing again. I'm predicting that this same thing is going to happen again tomorrow around 6 pm and I'll have to do this all over again *siiigh*

Best Answer

Hi I received this message yesterday from I presume is Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
Thankyou for the info

sue
Best Answer

@Suesmith48 @Shelleswims @Pizzamuncher I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with Ionic not syncing to your Huawei P20 phone. Thanks for trying some troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out.

The reason why you are experiencing this is because the Huawei P20 is not a compatible device. Please check all the compatible devices here.

The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who can synchronize with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 5.0 Lollipop), you can try the tips on this helpful article to sync.

Note that we don't guarantee that the synchronization will be successful as we are still testing on this phone model.  

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy
Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

hi so did you get your phone to connect to your phone? ib have the huawei p20 lite also and i will not connect.

Best Answer
No apparently the P20 is not compatible. I had a message off fitbit confirming this.  Very annoying! Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
No luck I went with Sam sung S8 phone

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8
Best Answer

@Shelleswims Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details. I see on your post you have a Samsung Galaxy phone. Try using that one to sync your watch instead, it should work.

@adam_johnston1 @DaveAV Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for also posting your experiences here. Although some users have been able to sync with that phone model, it is not guaranteed that it will work for all.

The best thing to do in this case is syncing your watch with any supported device, like the Samsung S8, for example.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Yeah this is very irritating after pay so much money for the watch
Best Answer

I have the Honor 6x which seems as those it's been incompatible since it came out new over a year ago. Very disappointing

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @Pizzamuncher and @adam_johnston1! Below you'll find the compatible Huawei phones with the Fitbit app:

Honor6X.png

Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone meets the minimum operating system requirements. Note that the majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products. 

If your phone supports Bluetooth 4.0, I'd recommend giving the setup flow a try to see if you can successfully connect your tracker. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

So someone at Fitbit are actually working on this issue? The problem have existed for a while now, so can we hope to see some improvement soon  

Best Answer
0 Votes