Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am so tired of being an unpaid beta tester

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This watch is driving me batty.  Every other day I lose text message notifications when I have done nothing to change a single setting.  The day I don't lose those setting my watch starts displaying my weather in Centigrade when I have all the units set for Fahrenheit.

I have been a big fan of the design, the comfort, but I'm so close to throwing this in the trash and never looking back.

Fitbit, is there any chance that you can get your act together on these basic things?  

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@ddoyle777 I feel your pain and I am a huge fitbit fan. I think like with most things that are new there are bugs that happen, that for whatever reason didn't happen during testing and the consumer takes the hit. I lost all synching ability to the app this past weekend. I get it back for two hours at a time when I go through five minutes of steps. Like you, I just want it to work. It worked for months and all of a sudden it doesn't. My hope is that as magically as it broke- it will fix. Stick with it. I know the mods read posts and they are reporting back all the tech things they see. I hope with patience and time- all will be resolved.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a difference between having bugs and simply not working. The Ionic was rushed out before it was ready because it was already a year late.

Best Answer

It seems strange to me that Fitbit simply ignores these issues.  I guess the Apple mindset has infected other companies as well.  

Hmmm, I wonder how well the Samsung Gear S3 works....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not that this is an excuse for bad design (and ionic's software design is very bad), but I've noticed that when I let battery run down to the point that they text me 'low battery' (somewhere under 29%) it also resets Notifications to 'off' and Screen Wake to 'manual'.

Then again, even when I'm getting notifications on my ionic, about 10% of the time they just don't come through. It's interesting to evaluate; I'm working on a statistical model for how often my ionic works as promised.

Other settings, such as the Run app's auto-cues, just never save your preferences whether you adjust them on the watch, on the app or on the website (it's a bewildering ecosystem). Fitbit denies all of this and will walk you through how to change your settings, but the next day they're all back to whatever fitbit prefers.

Best Answer
0 Votes