Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't turn off my run when I get finished

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had the Ionic for a few days, when I have gone on my runs it has just come on with the auto

run feature.  The first time I was able to turn it off when I was finished.  The last 2 times I have gone for runs when I was done it won't stop. I can pause it up with the bottom right button and the flag comes up for the top right button but when I push it a message comes up saying something like no aux device available.  The watch keeps vibrating and trying to connect back to the GPS.  I have had to finally reset the watch to make it stop.  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you for any information.     

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for posting this.  I have the same problem.  I was using the Flyer  earbuds, and couldn’t stop my run.  The green flag wasn’t there when I paused the run.    I could push enough buttons, and get the green flag, but when the green flag came up, it didn’t function.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This also happened to me today. Had to reset. Frustrated since it's brand new!

Best Answer

Today for the first time I have the same problem. Only with reset I managed to get out of the loop. Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

I get the same problem. 

For me it only happens when a run is detected by the watch. 

The flag appears when it's on (but can't be clicked) and dissapeared when I pause.

Resetting every time is not a solution I hope they fix this soon.

Best Answer

@howard7872 wrote:

I have only had the Ionic for a few days, when I have gone on my runs it has just come on with the auto

run feature.  The first time I was able to turn it off when I was finished.  The last 2 times I have gone for runs when I was done it won't stop. I can pause it up with the bottom right button and the flag comes up for the top right button but when I push it a message comes up saying something like no aux device available.  The watch keeps vibrating and trying to connect back to the GPS.  I have had to finally reset the watch to make it stop.  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you for any information.     

Lots of folks have complained about various issues when using an Auto tracked run.  Just for kicks and grins, try starting the run manually and see if you have the issue.  I've done about 25 runs with my Ionic so far, all manually started, and haven't had any such issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, when I manually start the run it will turn off without any problem.  I guess I will make sure that I always turn it on instead of letting it just pick up.  Thanks for the help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same problem and I'm starting it manually. so frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Anyone know the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't turn off the fitbit after I run

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem!  I was able to cancel by pressing the upper button on right side of device.  Pressed a couple of times till screen displayed message including option to Cancel. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums @Fsucpa, it's good to see you around. 

It's good to see this worked for you, thank you for taking the time to share this solution in the forums. I've seen other people who were also able to resolve by restarting the smartwatch and didn't experience the same behavior again. 

It's always great to have other procedures that are useful to the users in the Community; thanks again for helping out with this. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes