Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought I'd be able to play videos on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the website under Personal Coaching, Fitbit makes it seem that the watch is capable of having personalized videos on the Ionic watch itself, but when I spoke to people on the Support team, they said that's not available (It's only available on an app through a device).

I feel like it's not fair to make it seem that the watch can have a video or workout such as "medium peak climb" for 30 minutes when that doesn't exist on the watch.

The picture should be of a PHONE or a device with the workout on it. I bought this watch specifically because I thought I could do this on the watch and I feel like I was tricked.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Why not just return the Ionic?

Ionic 27.33.1.30; OnePlus 6T McLaren Oxygen OS 9.0.12; Android 9; Fitbit 2.91; Progression Clock Face (Weather
Best Answer

I thought about it. I already emailed Fitbit Support's group to see if maybe they could shed a better light on the situation than the people on the Support chat.

It's a nice watch and has other good features but that was the defining feature that made me want it. 

Best Answer

I'm upset too. I just found out the same thing. I even purchased the premium thing thinking that was why, but now they won't refund me the premium membership price. I am really upset. If I wanted to workout with the use of a device, not my watch, I could use YouTube.  😞

Best Answer

Exactly. They weren't up front. 

Best Answer

Really? Company makes a false statement (still there on the website) sells watches to people and your advise is to return the watch istead of making the company to do correct thing?

Best Answer

Of course not. If that was truly the case, I wouldn't have posted in here. I was honest in saying that was a thought that crossed my mind but I don't think that returning it is the solution: getting answers and making a change would be the solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least post a link to this "false statement".

Best Answer
0 Votes

"DYNAMIC PERSONAL COACHING Work out in a whole new way

Designed to give you more guidance than ever, Ionic serves up personalized workouts that play on screen and guide you through every move"

Fitbit.com/ionic

It's under the section of Personal CoachingScreenshot_20171103-084505.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I'm confused ^^

"It's only available on an app through a device."

If this is the case where is the false advertising on that screenshot.

Couldn't "a device" be an Ionic.

Not trying to be clever just clarifying.

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I meant to send the reply to the person who wrote "Why not just return the Ionic?".

Best Answer
0 Votes

The watch is called the ionic, and it shows a workout that is not available on the device. There are only 3 workouts on the device, and this one in the screenshot is not one of them. It makes it seem in the advertisement that it can have that video, and that you can add new videos onto the watch. 

The ad says the ionic can do that. There's no phone or device that is called Ionic. They are referring to the watch.

Best Answer

@Cairo.eubanks wrote:

The watch is called the ionic, and it shows a workout that is not available on the device. There are only 3 workouts on the device, and this one in the screenshot is not one of them. It makes it seem in the advertisement that it can have that video, and that you can add new videos onto the watch. 

The ad says the ionic can do that. There's no phone or device that is called Ionic. They are referring to the watch.

Ok so now you are saying it's the screenshot that is "false advertising". It's very possible though that the Fitbit Coach app will have this in future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

False advertising means that when I purchase the watch it does not have all that it claims it has or can do, which is just that. The future doesn't help the fact that it doesn't do what it says it can do at the time of the purchase.

It also doesn't specify on the website that this will be a future innovation, or else I would have WAITED for the "updated ionic before purchasing. 

Best Answer

@Cairo.eubanks wrote:

False advertising means that when I purchase the watch it does not have all that it claims it has or can do, which is just that. The future doesn't help the fact that it doesn't do what it says it can do at the time of the purchase.

It also doesn't specify on the website that this will be a future innovation, or else I would have WAITED for the "updated ionic before purchasing. 

Nope not false advertising if the feature comes to the Ionic. The best you could argue is that it is misleading. Regardless you've agreed to terms and conditions, and you can hopefully take the watch back.

https://www.fitbit.com/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

Best Answer
0 Votes

another poor human being who exchanged his soul and logic  with the terms and conditions. 

Best Answer

@KaanA wrote:

another poor human being who exchanged his soul and logic  with the terms and conditions. 

Nope I'm just telling you the facts and not injecting hyperbole. How you feel is an entirely separate matter, nor have you run out of options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Facts?

I just numbered the 3 statements they make on their website. Please just type True or False next to each depending on whether the Ionic does it or not. (i.e 1-True, 2-False)

This is what they state ;

1- "Designed to give you more guidance than ever, Ionic serves up personalised workouts that play on screen and guide you through every move."

2- It’s a watch that gets to know you

Exercise routines adapt based on your feedback so you’re always getting the right workout for your fitness level.

3-With personalised recommendations

Get recommended workouts based on your recent activity – like yoga after a big run or a more intense session after a restful night.

Best Answer

Exactly my point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cairo.eubanks wrote:

Exactly my point. 

Really? Then perhaps you should remove the false claims of false advertising. Just because you feel a certain way does not make it a fact.

Best Answer
0 Votes