Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought I'd be able to play videos on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the website under Personal Coaching, Fitbit makes it seem that the watch is capable of having personalized videos on the Ionic watch itself, but when I spoke to people on the Support team, they said that's not available (It's only available on an app through a device).

I feel like it's not fair to make it seem that the watch can have a video or workout such as "medium peak climb" for 30 minutes when that doesn't exist on the watch.

The picture should be of a PHONE or a device with the workout on it. I bought this watch specifically because I thought I could do this on the watch and I feel like I was tricked.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

He was referring the latest post I wrote.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaanA wrote:

Facts?

I just numbered the 3 statements they make on their website. Please just type True or False next to each depending on whether the Ionic does it or not. (i.e 1-True, 2-False)

This is what they state ;

1- "Designed to give you more guidance than ever, Ionic serves up personalised workouts that play on screen and guide you through every move."

2- It’s a watch that gets to know you

Exercise routines adapt based on your feedback so you’re always getting the right workout for your fitness level.

3-With personalised recommendations

Get recommended workouts based on your recent activity – like yoga after a big run or a more intense session after a restful night.

1) That happens with the Fitbit coach app.

2) Fitbit monitors your work out and you can read the results. They don't say anywhere it adapts itself to your fitness.

3) Either coming soon or some marketing bollox. Who knows.

This discussion is a bit of a moving target, the reasons are changing all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaanA wrote:

He was referring the latest post I wrote.

Really?

He gave a reason. So I asked a question and he gave another reason. Then you posted and gave other different reasons, that apparently was his exact point.

Lordy it's difficult keeping up  !  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

1- Fitbit coach app on mobile device or Ionic? From what I read Ionic does not provide those videos. (except the 3 which are preloaded in the watch)

2-  Please see attached image.

3- You can not advertise a feature that doesn't exist without letting consumers know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaanA wrote:

1- Fitbit coach app on mobile device or Ionic? From what I read Ionic does not provide those videos.

2-  Please see attached image.

3- You can not advertise a feature that doesn't exist without letting consumers know.

1) Fitbit coach app on Ionic

2) There is no attached image.

3) Maybe but many get away with it. Regardless you can advertise a feature that will exist in the future. Plus again you agreed to terms and conditions when buying the watch have a read of the EULA.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Man, you guys are killing me... Too funny.

Anyway, here's a clear image of the watch with a workout (Arms/Shoulder, Back & Chest) and what appears to be a "Play" arrow in the lower corner. Nowhere does it say "Coming soon..."

Capture.JPG

I mean, whether it's false advertising, or a feature they may one day implement, who can say.

Best Answer

1- I have my doubts 🙂

3- Yes you can advertise a feature that will exist in the future but you need to let the consumer know. The terms and conditons thing you keep repeating is robotic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaanA wrote:

1- I have my doubts 🙂

3- Yes you can advertise a feature that will exist in the future but you need to let the consumer know. The terms and conditons thing you keep repeating is robotic. 

1) A fact not Jesus.

2) The screenshot does not change my answer.

3) Emotionally and morally maybe. Legally I'm not sure about that at all, marketeers get away with this sort of cr4p all the time.

Best Answer

1- "At this time, the workouts available on Ionic are the 3 that come loaded on your watch."  So you statement is false.

This is what you said

2) Fitbit monitors your work out and you can read the results. They don't say anywhere it adapts itself to your fitness.

I sent you a screenshot from their website. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaanA wrote:

1- "At this time, the workouts available on Ionic are the 3 that come loaded on your watch."  So you statement is false.

This is what you said

I sent you a screenshot from their website. 

1) Please take the time to read my responses correctly before starting what I write is false.. I'll copy and paste what I wrote exactly so you can read it this time:

"It's very possible though that the Fitbit Coach app will have this in future."

2) It says it adapts based on "your feedback". I stated it does not adapt itself based on "your fitness". There is a huge difference, maybe reread my post again .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe your job is to keep this forum busy. I'm glad that I help you with this 🙂

1- This is what I wrote "1- "Designed to give you more guidance than ever, Ionic serves up personalised workouts that play on screen and guide you through every move.""

You claimed this is on "Fitbit coach app on Ionic".

This is false as the article states.

2-  You commented just underneath a statement taken from the website. 

Why don't you tell me how you provide the feedback in Ionic?

Do you have an Ionic?

Best Answer

I was a paid Fitstar customer before they were acquired by Fitbit. The way "adapt thru feedback" worked on the app was as follows:

- if it prompted you to do 20 reps, and you only completed 12, then you would adjust reps to 12

- you told app how it felt (too easy, just right, or brutal), so if I was asked to do 20 and only did 12 I would answer "brutal"

Details here:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/forget-gym-get-fitstar-fit-ipad-iphone/

Based on that per exercise feedback, Fitstar would make minor adjustments to that particular exercise the next time you did it. For example, increasing the number of seconds for Jumping Jacks, or reducing the number of reps when previous feedback was "brutal" and you recorded fewer reps than planned.

The Ionic press release states:

• Personal trainer with Fitbit Coach: Access dynamic, on-device workouts that adapt based on feedback you provide on your wrist, or listen to expert-designed running and walking Audio Coaching sessions (available 2018) to increase endurance, speed and form on your schedule.[ii]
  • Footnote at bottom of press release:
    ii Fitbit Ionic comes with one dynamic on-device workout and three static workouts, access to more dynamic sessions requires a subscription to new premium guidance and coaching offering.

I've asked several people, and saw a comment at Wareable.com review, and they say Ionic Coach app does not allow providing feedback on the wrist (must use phone app instead). I'm holding off on buying Ionic, so I can't confirm if this feature is missing from the current Coach app.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@KaanA wrote:

Maybe your job is to keep this forum busy. I'm glad that I help you with this 🙂

1- This is what I wrote "1- "Designed to give you more guidance than ever, Ionic serves up personalised workouts that play on screen and guide you through every move.""

You claimed this is on "Fitbit coach app on Ionic".

This is false as the article states.

2-  You commented just underneath a statement taken from the website. 

Why don't you tell me how you provide the feedback in Ionic?

Do you have an Ionic?

Please reread my previous post I made a direct quote from my third post. Even better please read all my posts in this thread. Also please read my signature.

Sorry but asking a series of closed questions and then selectively editing my answers or using other quotes isn't going to change what I have already said here in this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I programmed my own Fitbit ionic adias edition to show videos but it needs bluetooth speakers or headphones or earbuds

Best Answer
0 Votes