Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iconic Empty Notification List - New iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just upgraded my phone to the iPhone XS. I have had notifications come through, but none of them show up in my notification list. The only one in there is "pass.com.starbucks.card" which I assume is my starbucks card, yet before, it just said "Starbucks Card" Any ideas on how to get notifications to push through F=the FitBit app to populate this list?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, the list wasn't populating, even after receiving notifications. I ended up reaching out to support, and it turns out the XS just isn't compatible yet. I'd assume they'd push an update soon, but they couldn't give me a timeline as to how soon that may be

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Cesar_Chris Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post your experience on this board regarding the notifications on your new iPhone XS.

What type of notifications are you referring to? Do you mean the Community Feed notifications that appear on the app? Note that other notifications like text messages or phone ones won't show on the app.

Those should show on your phone if connected to your Community Feed on the app. If they are not showing you could try logging out from the app, rebooting your phone, and logging back in.

If they are still not showing, it could be because your phone is not showing under the list of compatible devices. This may be the reason if they keep not showing.

Now, if you are having trouble with notification coming to your watch; please try these notifications troubleshooting steps. That may help you out with this.

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I am referring to phone notifications from any of my apps.

For example, if I get a twitter notification pushed from my app to my phone, I should now be able to enable Twitter notifications on my Fitbit. The issue is that Twitter does not show up in the list of apps I can enable notifications for.

This is happening with all of my apps, so I can't get any app notifications pushed to my Iconic

Best Answer
0 Votes

The list of available apps will only populate after a notification had first been received. Bizarre but you can't enable notifications until one is first received by the phone while the Ionic is connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, the list wasn't populating, even after receiving notifications. I ended up reaching out to support, and it turns out the XS just isn't compatible yet. I'd assume they'd push an update soon, but they couldn't give me a timeline as to how soon that may be

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the FitBit app, the Notifications section doesn't provide an option for texts and phone calls to come to the watch (mine is an Ionic), so it seems either FitBit hasnt updated to the app yet to provide for that, or there is an update needed for iOS, but, regardless, at this point, there is no option to receive texts and phone calls and the Ionic FitBit from an iPhone Xs.  Bummer.

Best Answer