Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is not syncing periodically

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterdays steps are not showing up but today's are.  It says it has not synced since yesterday morning.  Does Fitbit know how to program Bluetooth syncing?  My old ChargeHR had trouble too but not this bad.  Can't get the **ahem** thing to sync!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @GD11009, it's nice to see you around the Community Forums! If your device is paired to the Fitbit app, it syncs every time you open the app. If you turn on All-Day sync it also syncs periodically throughout the day. If you sync your device with a computer and Fitbit Connect, it syncs automatically every 15 to 30 minutes when the Fitbit device and computer are nearby, and the dongle is plugged in, if applicable.

To manually sync your device, with your device nearby, open the Fitbit app and find the picture of your device on the Fitbit app dashboard.

Are you still having issues when syncing your Fitbit Ionic? If so, I'd like you to make sure that your Fitbit Ionic is still connected to your Fitbit account. Maybe the tracker got unpaired and that's why it's not syncing? Also, check if the tracker is still appearing on the phone's Bluetooth settings. Smiley Wink

Keep in mind that a syncing difficulties may be caused by a missing requirement. Check the following:

Depending your Android device, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

If those steps don't work, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. Restart your Ionic by following these steps
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

Also, check this helpful article for more details about this. 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes